Single Parents

Got stood up last night-ugh!

So a friend of mine was trying to set me up with his co-worker for awhile.  He had my number, I had his.  Finally, my friend told me to send him a text because he is "shy" and doesn't like to make the first move.  Whatev, not really my style so I did.  We texted back and forth a bit and then agreed to meet out, at 9:30 last night.  Something just felt "off" about it.  I couldn't really put my finger on it. Well, sure enough, good ol gut feeling was right.  I checked my phone at 8:45 or so and saw I had a text from him saying he was getting cold feet and just felt like he would be out of his element so he was gonna come.  Sorry.  I just wrote back "ok". 

So I went out anyways with my girlfriend and her bf and ran into old flame from almost a year ago.  He asked if we could talk outside and he basically told me he regretted breaking things off.  I was like "that's nice" and he kind of just didn't know what to say.  I walked away and he just sat there kind of staring.  It was epic.  That was a good moment and worth waiting almost a year for. 

But seriously?  These are the guys that are out there?  Wow.  I am really just done.  Sign me up for a nunnery!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Got stood up last night-ugh!

• His loss ... better you know now than to waste your time.  Even if you guys met and clicked, if he's not emotionally available for whatever reason than it would just be a disappointment

Nice you got a revenge moment at least.  Probably was better than an awkward first date anyway!

• The first guy sounds like a dweeb.  His loss. The second guy, well he realizes it was his loss too, haha.  WTG!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"