Pregnant after 35

New to this board

Hi ladies,

My DH and I just found out that we are expecting!  I am 36 and he is 37.  We are about 5 weeks along so far. 

We would love to be able to tell our families on Christmas but I am wondering if that is too early?

When did you all let the secret out?

TIA!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: New to this board

• Welcome and congrats!!!

We told our parents immediately upon getting the BFP, then told our closest relatives once we saw the heartbeat at my first OB appointment at 8 weeks.  We've waited though to tell everyone else until now (told grandparents at Thanksgiving and will go public with the rest of family and friends this week).  We wanted to wait until first trimester was over to tell the world. 

Just go with what feels comfortable for you, there's no right or wrong time.  I wanted to tell my close family right away so they would be there for me if I needed them, for good or ill, but wanted to wait to go "public" til the pregnancy felt more real. 

Enjoy!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Congrats to you!  I agree with Kiki do what feels right for you.  Everyone in my family/work knew we were doing IVF so they were all expecting either good or bad news.  With my DD we waited until we were about 8 weeks along and told everyone. H&H 9 to you!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats!  My view on telling people:  If you are close enough to the person that you would tell them that you had a m/c then I would share the good news.  In other words if you would tell them if you had bad pg news then I would share with them the good news.

• Hi and welcome! 

I'm 42 and expecting in early July 2011.  I'll be 12 weeks on Christmas day and we will tell my teenagers about the pregnancy at that point.  I had a miscarriage this summer so I really don't want the pain of having to un-tell anyone.  It's awkward at best. 

We will tell the rest of the family after the new year (and some genetic testing results). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi and welcome.  Most people know we were doing IVF, so it is much harder to keep it a secret.  We plan on telling non-immediate family on Christmas.
  • Congrats and welcome! We did IVF, so my close family knows, but we are waiting until we are further along to let everyone else know.
  • Welcome!  After everything we went through most of our family knew...we told remaining family (dh's brother and big mouth SIL) at 9 weeks because we were at home for a wedding.  We came "out" to friends at about 13 weeks, I was already showing so it was getting hard to hide.
  • Congrats!  With my 1st pregnancy I was 8 weeks along at Christmas and we told our families then.  It was nice that I had an OB appt. and a viability ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy at 6 weeks.  I don't think it will be too early for you to tell at Christmas, but obviously that's a personal decision.

A happy and healthy 9 mos. to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"