Baby Showers

Need game ideas (no dice game)

So far I have...

*Guess how many M&Ms in the baby bottle
*Chocolate diaper game
*Jars of baby food game
*How big is mommy's tummy
*Baby essentials on a platter game (try to remember whats on the plate)

My co-host wants quite a few games, just a personal choice.

Any other ideas besides the typical dice game?

Also, what are good prize ideas? We are planning on getting a lot of the prizes while black Friday shopping tomorrow morning.

Halloween

Re: Need game ideas (no dice game)

• Sounds like you have plenty of games.  You can do the word scramble (things that have to do with baby).  You can also take parent's name and make as many boy and/or girl names as possible using each letter as the first letter.  A different approach to the baby essentials on a platter game is to have the mom-to-be take around the platter and once she leaves the room (and stays out) you ask the guests questions about HER (what color were her shoes, did she have on earrings, how many, necklace, what color was tihs or that, etc).  It is hilarious because no one is expecting it.  Just keep in mind that when you are telling them they have to use their memory, you don't mention the platter (since it really has nothing to do with the game).

As far as gifts...gift cards are the best or scratch lottery tickets.  If you are having the shower soon you could pick up some cute Christmasy things (although maybe everyone doesn't celebrate?).

• Gift BINGO... let everyone fill in a card with the gifts they think she will open, then they can play as she opens gifts.  I tend not to like any other games... and usually don't follow the BINGO since I'd rather chat with the ladies I'm sitting with than cross off gifts to win a candle that I won't use.

I agree - gift cards are the way to go... or edible prizes ... I could furnish prizes for 5 showers from the crap I've won and will never open or use.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Put random baby-related items in brown bags (1 item to a bag) and have the guest guess (by writing down) what's in the bag by feeling or shaking the bag.   A friend of mine did that at a shower and had things like a pacifier, teething ring, toy keys, bottle in the bag.  The person with the most right answers gets a goody and the mommy-to-be gets to keep the items from the bags.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • at the last shower I went to they had little plastic babies in icecubes and the winner was whoever got the baby out the fastest.

guess how big mommy's belly is

gift bingo

they had these napling with little guestions and you had to guess what momm's answers would be. The person who guessed the most won.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for the ideas, ladies!
    Halloween
  • A really fun game that I played once was everyone starts out with a clothespin attached to their shirt, dress, etc. For a period of time no one is alloud to use the word "baby" and if they do and you hear them you get to steal their clothespin. At the end of the time period the person with the most clothespin wins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"