Pregnant after 35

Anyone with a Teenager & Pregnant with #2

I guess planning is not my strength....  Both pregnancies were unplanned but welcomed.

DS #1 will be 14 in February and DS #2 is due in early January.  Both are by the same father.  We have been married 15 years and DS #1 arrived almost one year exactly after we married.

Any hints on how to deal with children of such different ages.... It feels like I am a first time mother again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone with a Teenager & Pregnant with #2

• I have a 16g and a 15b and pregnant with #3 - My teenagers are very independant through so it's more going to be a matter of hoping that this baby is flexible when we schlep it to baseball, soccer, drama, etc. 

(and I don't really mean "schlep" - I mean bring he/she along on lots of family activities).

My teenagers were very flexible babies - and I was a very un-scheduling mama so I'm hoping for the same!

• Congratulations!  You'll find a bunch of moms with teenagers and LOs on the Parenting after 35 board.  You may want to XP there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 14 year old twin girls and I am having another set twins! This time its a boy/girl. I think I feel more ready now than I did 14 years ago!
  • Thanks everyone.... It feels better to know that I am not alone in having this huge age gap with children.   My DS#1 did not take the news of this pregnancy very well.  I guess he is so used to being the only child & the only grandchild on my side of the family. 

I do feel more ready this time around than I did with first child - we are definitely more financially secure. 

• I have a 19yo daughter & I'm pg at 40 with #2!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Ha! I have a 22, 18 and 14 year old.  Talk about starting all over again.  Not sure how they'll be but being that everyone has activities or jobs, no one's ever home but me.  At least you'll have live in help. Smile
  • I am 37 with a soon to be 15 year old.  Didn't think I'd have another baby, but I am so excited!  I don't remember worrying about everything this much the first time.  There is SO MUCH more information out there now, almost too much, I think.

Trying to relax and be confident in my pregnancy!  :-) Good luck to all of you! 

TTC since May 2010; BFP#1 11/9/10; M/C 12/27/10; BFP#2 03/15/11; EDD 11/24/11 Very happy! Baby Girl was born 11/21/11. Beautiful and healthy!
  • I have a DS who is 11 years old and I am expecting identical twin boys at 41 years old. My DS#1 is so excited about being a big brother. We had him be a part of naming the babies. We had been trying to get pregnant since he was 4 years old but I had a few miscarriages and a hard time getting pregnant. DS#1 was not planned, I was 13 weeks before I knew I was pregnant . Now we know he was a miracle (in perfect health). We finally decided to do IVF (we only put 1 embryo in) and I am pregnant after the first try with twins. I have to say I am kinda liking the age difference b/c DS#1 will be able to help with DS #1 & #2. We try to keep DS#1 involved in the process and I will ask him what he thinks about something for the nursery or for the babies. We also read each new week developments/changes from thebump.com/babycenter.com as family. When I could feel the boys kick/punch from the outside of the belly I let him feel before his father got to feel and he was so excited because they did a punch for him 3 times in a row (I told him they were high fiven their big brother. I hope this helps... best wishes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Guess I am a little late to respond to this but I have a 21 year old, a 2 year old, and am expecting my last one now. (Hopefully.) They are both girls and the older one wanted/wants a little brother. I told her if she doesn't get one, she is on her own but wait a few years. She finishes college in about a year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"