LGBT Parenting

Newbie McLurkington here with Q's about at-home ICI

Anybody here have any experience with / opinions about doing at-home ICI? Or Northwest Andrology in particular?

Our insurance covers OB/GYN visits, but nothing related to AI, so it seems to make sense financially -- either way we are paying for sperm & shipping, but at least we won't have to pay for extra doctor visits. It also lets us be as precise as possible with timing inseminations, since we don't have to schedule things around office hours. (Aaand ok honestly I hate being a patient and tend to avoid going to the doctor's for myself unless it's really necessary.)

Re: Newbie McLurkington here with Q's about at-home ICI

• We did at home ICI. Got preggo on the second try, but it turned out to be ectopic :( We would have continued at home except that our donor is on his way to Iraq. So now we're using his frozen donations and because that reduces motility a bit we're going through a NP for ICI now. I much more enjoyed the IUI's at home. It was much more personal and intimate, and felt much more comfortable. The in office felt almost like a danged party there were so many people involved...me and DW, of course, the lab folks, the NP, her nurse, and a student. Granted everyone was very enthusiastic, but it was a much different experience.
  • We did 2 ICIs at home with no results. But then again it took an additional 7 IUIs with increasing meds to get me knocked up! :)

I have friends who got pregnant on their first ICI at home and now have an adorable 3y old running around! So it can happen! :)

good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • As long as you don't feel you need monitoring or meds, I feel that at home insems are great! You can do them when you want (no need to schedule with the care provider's office), intimate and cheap/free! We did some before our break and will start at home again when we resume TTC (hopefully later this year). Let me know if you have questions!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"