Indiana Babies

toddlers and trees?

Has anyone put up their tree yet with a toddler?  Any tips?

Mady was just starting to take steps last year so couldn't get to the tree faster than I could catch her from doing damage.  This year, with a flying toddler, I fear for my ornaments' lives!

We usually put the tree up on Friday after Thanksgiving, but I'm nervous this year.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: toddlers and trees?

• Our tree is up and Jalen is obsessed with it! We did not put any of the breakable ones on this year. So far he has managed to pull the tree down once, but that was because an ornament fell and he was trying to "help" I think. J & L both pretty much just stand in front of it and stare. Jalen likes to take off the ornaments and put them back on. He gets a kick out of it.
  • We put up our tree today but didn't decorate it yet. So far Kaylee has just walked over and said pretty and gently touched and walked away.

We'll see what happens when we put ornaments on it! 

• Loading the player...
  • Ours only fits in the den, which happens to be gated off! woot!
  • Last year I only put stuff that didn't matter towards the bottom.  This year I'm worried about the hooks more than anything.  We'll see how it goes later this weekend.
  • imageVal&B0604:
    Last year I only put stuff that didn't matter towards the bottom.  This year I'm worried about the hooks more than anything.  We'll see how it goes later this weekend.

We got some safe hooks at Meijer last year. They're green plastic and they clip onto the branches instead of those metal hooks. (Keeps your ornaments stuck to the tree a little better too~)

Or you could try ribbon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"