High-Risk Pregnancy

Muscle spasms

I was hoping to get some advise from you all.  I have been having what feels like muscle spasms in my lower back and kidney area.  At first I thought maybe LO was kicking my back but now I am not sure.  Some times the spasm goes clear through to my lower abdomen.  It doesn't really hurt but is just a bit uncomfortable.  Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be BH?  I did do alot of cleaning yesterday and am also wondering if maybe I just over did it and my back is spasming.
Mom to my angel Mia born 04/18/2003 @ 25 4/7 weeks due to severe eclampsia and HELLP. Now enjoying getting to be a mom my miracle little boy Tripp who was born 03/21/11 and was full term! Baby #3 due 10/13/13!

Re: Muscle spasms

• I don't want to sound like an alarmist, but I would get yourself checked out. I had an instance a few weeks back where my back was spasming and it reached around to my lower abdomen. I had an infection (but I only had the spasming as symptoms) called bacterial vaginosis- it can cause PTL and PPROM, so given my history it was a good thing I got it checked out. They put me on antibiotics to knock it out of me.

It could also be that you need one of those support belts too- I have a terrible back and the belt I have does help a lot when I have to walk a lot.

Hopefully it's nothing, but I would give your OB a call.

• Thanks, I did call my Dr and he thinks I may have a kidney stone since I do have a history of them.  He gave me orders to drink lots of water and go to the ER if I start throwing up, running a fever, etc. as it could be a kidney infection.  I don't know why I didn't even think of this before lol.  Hopefully it will just pass on its own and not cause me any more issues.

Mom to my angel Mia born 04/18/2003 @ 25 4/7 weeks due to severe eclampsia and HELLP. Now enjoying getting to be a mom my miracle little boy Tripp who was born 03/21/11 and was full term! Baby #3 due 10/13/13!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"