High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD- for the second time(pretty much just venting)

so i have GD again.  at first i wasn't so upset b/c i have been here before and easily controlled it with diet.  that said, this morning was my first day of monitoring and dieting so this vent may be premature, but my fasting # was 109 and my one hour # after a breakfast with 30 grams of carbs was 147.  both numbers are much higher than the numbers i used to get with my last pregnancy so i am a little alarmed now.  in other news i am starving and my allotted snack time is over an hour from now.  overall outlook:  cranky and hungry for the next 10 weeks.

Re: GD- for the second time(pretty much just venting)

• Options
    I agree with being hungry and cranky for the next 2 months. It sucks! My fasting numbers have been high and I have my 31 week appointment today and think they are going to put me on meds or insulin. Yuck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    AND thanksgiving is tomorrow and i made a pumpkin roll the day before i found out i have GD.  2nd attempt at a pumpkin roll ever and i must say it turned out pretty good but i won't be eating it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am totally cheating tomorrow...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    FWIW, my fasting numbers started out a little high and then settled back down.  Honestly, I think the stress of the diagnosis was impacting my numbers at first, since stress can elevate your BSL.  So what you saw today may not be what you see in the future.  And, yeah... Thanksgiving is a good time for a little cheating, as long as you don't go overboard with it.  I'll be having dessert as long as my numbers are good otherwise. :)
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This is my second time with GD and this time was a lot worse. They swore that I would be on insulin by my second trimester but here I am in my 3rd and I am doing fine. I have Dr's that don't listen to me but blame me. I have struggled with starvation (literally) and finally found what works. I can't walk because the baby doesn't like it and she will stretch and make it painful for me. I found that spending 30 minutes on an elliptical every other day and I can eat just about anything. The other day I was craving a cheese burger and got on the elliptical for 30 minutes and was able to eat a double cheeseburger with both buns. And I stayed within my sugar limits. For Thanksgiving dinner yesterday I managed to fill my plate with protein and fiber and I was able to eat pie afterwards. I have a just a month and a half to go before my little girl finally comes out and because I work out so much my pregnancy has gotten easier. I hope that this helps you guys out there who are struggling.

• Options
    I agree with PP that exercise has really made all the difference in my numbers.  I work out for 15-20 minutes either walking or on the elliptical after every meal, and my numbers, which started out really high, have been perfect ever since.  Also, if I know I'm going to be eating extra carbs, I work out a little longer.  If I'm hungry in between meals and snacks, I'll just fill up on veggies or protein (a piece of string cheese, a spoonful of peanut butter, a slice of heated lunch meat, etc.)  It works out really well for me.  I have been pretty determined to not have to go on insulin, and I know if it wasn't for the exercising, I would have been on it weeks ago, for sure.  As a bonus, I've lost 3 lbs in 8 weeks, making my total pregnancy weight gain only 9 pounds at 27 1/2 weeks.  It's a major effort getting into the habit of following the plan and exercising so much, but I feel great, and I think I actually have more energy than I had pre-pregnancy.  Also, my doctor said that exercise reduces the length of labor, so you can't really go wrong there :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"