North Carolina Babies
Options

Convenient foods for baby (not jarred baby food)

baby is 7mos and we're starting the transition to more "real" foods- oatmeal, grits, eggs, bananas, spaghettios, peas...

what are some recommendations for convenient foods while we're introducing/just getting into "table food"?  of course we'll keep the occasional canned baby food around, but we want to get to more fresh foods.  thanks!

Re: Convenient foods for baby (not jarred baby food)

• Options

Here is DD's list: Cheerios, puffs, yogurt melts, lil crunchies, teething cookies, unsalted crackers, applesauce, bananas, soft veggies, pasta noodles (usually w/o any sauce or little sauce), toast, eggs (like you said), melon, blueberries, peaches, cantaloupe, and other fruits (I just cut into really small pieces), "sweet potato fries" (really easy to make), avocado, pumpkin, small pieces of chicken/tofu/fish, oatmeal, etc (DD refuses baby food).

Check this site out...its got great info and ideas: https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babyfingerfood.htm 

• Options

String cheese cut into pieces, bananas/mango coated with wheat germ, steamfresh peas, pieces of meatballs, turkey, chicken, pasta, pineapple, mandarin oranges, cereal, waffles/pancakes/french toast, muffins, yogurt.

If you're near a trader joe's, I get a lot of stuff there for him.... fresh sweet potato strips (I steam them, cut into pieces and freeze in portions- he loves them and they are nice and soft).  They also have an organic veggie pasta that I also cook, break apart and freeze in portions- I use earth's best jarred carrot and tomato as sauce- he loves it. I also get TJ's fresh turkey breast that is sliced (like tgiving turkey, not deli) and that is his favorite. Again, I freeze into individual portions since DH gets home after Ben is in bed, so we eat later.

M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank ya'll so much!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"