High-Risk Pregnancy

odds of being taken off bedrest (low amniotic fluid)?

I'm not sure if this classifies as high risk, as I see a midwife and haven't been referred back to an OB, but yesterday they ordered me on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy (11 weeks to go). I mentioned that I had noticed decreased movement so they did an u/s and found out that my amniotic fluid was low. I didn't get exact numbers, so I'm not sure how bad it is, but they did say to start drinking almost a gallon of water a day and that they want to see me every week to check on it.

My question is whether or not I could expect to be taken off bedrest at any point. I was too shocked to ask these questions in the moment, but by drinking all that water, will this problem correct itself? I go for my next appt on Monday so I can ask them then, I was just curious to hear any first hand experiences with this. TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: odds of being taken off bedrest (low amniotic fluid)?

• It depends on if it improves, I would think. I had low fluid but it went back to normal the following week and I am not on bedrest. If it stays low, though, they may have to decide on the next step depending on what they think is causing it.
  • I'm currently leaking amniotic fluid and have low fluid levels. I've been on bedrest for 9 weeks in the hospital and have 2 more left until LO is delivered. If they don't know what's causing the low levels they might keep you on it as a precaution. They don't want to give you a green light and something happen, so it could be a good thing. Do you think you know why you have the low levels? 
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehollerjeepgirl:
    I'm currently leaking amniotic fluid and have low fluid levels. I've been on bedrest for 9 weeks in the hospital and have 2 more left until LO is delivered. If they don't know what's causing the low levels they might keep you on it as a precaution. They don't want to give you a green light and something happen, so it could be a good thing. Do you think you know why you have the low levels? 

You have been in the hospital for 9 weeks?? I can't even fathom! At least you only have 2 weeks to go! I am on bedrest at home so it's not so bad.

They don't know what is causing my low levels. They're having me up my fluid intake, so I'm not sure if I was not drinking enough fluids and if that could cause it? 

I had just had an u/s a week prior to this one, so they had pretty recent levels to compare it to. My midwife said it wasn't so bad that they wanted to put in the hospital to deliver, but that they wanted to avoid having to do that for now. I go in again on Monday, I'm just not sure what to expect: continued bedrest or being released from it. I definitely don't want to keep going on and off for the next 10 weeks though. We'll see what happens on Monday...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"