May 2011 Moms

Doppler Issues...

So I got my doppler in the mail yesterday and was SO excited to use it. I tore it out of the box and got all set up to listen to LO's heartbeat and...NOTHING!

At first I thought that the doppler just didn't work but I was able to listen to my heart clear as day by using it. Anyone have any tips for me to find LO?

The type of doppler I have is Angelsounds. It was highly reccommended by other users who had purchased it so I figured it was a good one to get even though it was pretty inexpensive. I'm thinking I should have splurged for a more expensive one...

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Doppler Issues...

• I personally don't have one, I have a Sonoline B that I bought on Amazon for basically the same price as the Angelsounds. 

I have a friend who is due in January and she has the Angelsounds one. She told me she thought it was useless and can never hear her baby with it. She said she thinks it is more of a "speaker" for your belly than an actual doppler. I'm not sure how true that is though.

I know even with mine I have a hard time finding baby though. It depends a lot on the position of your uterus, location of your placenta, and how baby is positioned.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Many dopplers (at home kind) won't register the baby's heartbeat until much later -  13w is very early.  (I know the product claims "as early as 12") but that's why they list a disclaimer. Relax for a while, and try again later.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrbear83:
    Many dopplers (at home kind) won't register the baby's heartbeat until much later -  13w is very early.  (I know the product claims "as early as 12") but that's why they list a disclaimer. Relax for a while, and try again later.  

So true. My doctor couldn't even find it with a doppler at 12w, and today is the first day I have tried and have actually been able to find it. I had several instances where I thought I found it before but I'm not positive. Today there was no doubt. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • imagemrbear83:
    Many dopplers (at home kind) won't register the baby's heartbeat until much later -  13w is very early.  (I know the product claims "as early as 12") but that's why they list a disclaimer. Relax for a while, and try again later.  

Though this may be true for most ladies, that's not always the case. I have the Sonoline B and I heard the heartbeat at 9w4d.

My advice: it takes lots of patience! Try with a full bladder, and start low, the baby is way lower than we think at this point. I'm still hearing the HB down by my pubic area. I start in the middle, and very slooowly move the doppler around (more like tilting the wand in different directions than actually moving it across skin). Since I can feel the baby moving now, I can tell if baby is sitting more on my right or left side, which helps.

GL to you! I hope you find it soon. 

♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • imagemunsterdani:

So I got my doppler in the mail yesterday and was SO excited to use it. I tore it out of the box and got all set up to listen to LO's heartbeat and...NOTHING!

At first I thought that the doppler just didn't work but I was able to listen to my heart clear as day by using it. Anyone have any tips for me to find LO?

The type of doppler I have is Angelsounds. It was highly reccommended by other users who had purchased it so I figured it was a good one to get even though it was pretty inexpensive. I'm thinking I should have splurged for a more expensive one...

I have the same one. I have tried it numerous times and nothing. However, I have an anterior placenta and the doctor wasn't even able to hear the heartbeat. I've had to have an ultrasound at every appointment to confirm the heartbeat. I truly wish I had never bought it though because I get hope and try it and nothing. Then I worry, worry, worry...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just ordered an angelsound last night.  Hopefully it will work when it gets here.  I had no idea what one to buy and it had really good reviews and was the cheapest... I guess paying more might have been the better choice!?
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"