High-Risk Pregnancy

New to high risk: pre-e question

My bp has been normal...and on the high side of normal...but I have been spilling protein and yesterday they ordered a 24 hr urine.  I have been swelling and getting headaches.  Could that mean pre-e...I thought that it was "pregnancy induced high bp"...

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: New to high risk: pre-e question

• Most likely Pre-e with the protine. I had pregnancy induced BP and then got Pre-e 2 weeks after I gave birth. So take it easy and try to rest but I would say that you have pre-e.

Cool I just noticed you live in Fletcher I live in Andrews the small town right before Murphy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you're spilling proteins and your BP is on the high side of normal, you're probably progressing into pre-e.  Perhaps it's just mild right now, which is good.  Make sure you're getting plenty of rest and lie on your left side as frequently as possible.  It will help...promise! 
    Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • I had pre-e with my DS and had protein, severe swelling, and very high BP. I agree with PP.  It might be on the mild side right now, but it can progress very quickly.  Good luck and I hope everything's OK.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"