LGBT Parenting

10 Things Tuesday

what are your 10 things?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: 10 Things Tuesday

• 1.  I have a bad cold.

2.  I started feeling bad after I left the RE yesterday.  The last time I got sick was exactly one month ago, the last time I was at the RE. 

3.  I have to work all night.  I hope I can make it through without leaving early.

4.   I'm excited about our ornament exchange :)

5.  Even though I don't celebrate religiously, I LOVE Christmas. 

6.  We're having a Secret Santa at work (which I'm very excited about), but the price limit is $1!  Yikes.  I have a couple ideas, but I need some more.  Thoughts?

7.   There have been some high highs and low lows around here lately.  As soon as I want to celebrate for someone, my heart breaks for someone else.

8.  15 minutes before I have to leave for work and I'm not dressed yet Embarrassed

9.  and yet I still sit here and try to think of something else to say! lol

10. Have a great day, everyone :)

• 1. We are officially foster-adopt certified today!

2. We need a new mattress, my back and body hurt when I wake up.

3. DD and I are going to make a gingerbread train today, she loves holiday projects.

4. DW told me a few weeks ago that she and her boss had a talk about what will happen when we get a call for placement.  She said she told him that to her this wait is like I'm pregnant and getting a call from the SW is like me going into labor.  He is very supportive and said she can leave right away as long as there is another manager there to cover her shift.

5. Not likely to happen but I keep wondering what should happen if we get a placement on Thanksgiving.  The child will be coming from a bad situation and I don't think it's the best idea to pack them up and go over to the IL's where it's going to be loud and confusing.

6. I think the reality of our certification is sending DW into cleaning mode.  The crib is filled to the top with her clothes and this morning she asked me to remind her to put them away tonight.  She also wants to make space for our diaper dresser.

7. Brrrr, it's cold.

8. French onion soup topped with bread and gooey melty cheese sounds good right now.

9. The apple dessert pizza at Chuck E Cheese is awesome.

10. I'm hungry!

• Loading the player...
  • Yea!! Its Tuesday and I can finally play along! (I totally jumped the gun and put this at the bottom of last Tuesday's 10 things :)  sorry!!

1.  I can't wait for 3pm when my beautiful wife and I will kick off a 5 day holiday week with dinner at the Yard Bar.

2.  I am anxiously awaiting my OPK test to turn... I am not supposed to surge until tomorrow but the lack of 2nd line makes me worried - I hear some OPK's don't pick up a surge on a clomid cycle?

3. We still haven't decided on our Thanksgiving plans because the Patriots play at noon and we don't want to watch the game on my father-in-laws tiny tv.. NOON?

4. My acupuncturist said my 'chi' is low and I should eat 'things that stain' (as in berries, beets, etc.) to replenish it so I treated myself to a jumbo organic blueberry/strawberry/OJ smoothie this morning (and a shot of wheat grass!) YUM!!

5. I drink about 150 oz of water a day and have been told by my doctor to 'slow down'.. I might be the only person in the world who has even been told to stop drinking water

6. I am cautiously optimistic about my left ovary.  I  have had a nagging cramp (?) fullness for 2 days now (leading up to ovulation) it so it must be 'super'. :)

7. I can't wait to put up the Christmas tree!! I have finally succumbed and reprogrammed half of my radio stations to 24 hour holiday music (the others are NPR and sports)

8. If we get knocked up in the next month or two we are planning a February get-a-away.

9. I have to make an appointment for Grace, my yellow lab.. I have been putting it off for 2 weeks now.   She is a rescue dog from the south, came up beaten, starved and sick.  We treated her once for heart worm but she is still positive.. we need to assess if she is healthy enough to go through another round.  She is the best dog. ever.

10.  I am happy I found this board!  Thank you for welcoming me!  Happy holidays, everyone!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Gosh! I want to start a blog, but I'm nervous about not being able to keep up on it. 

2. I think I caught my little one's bug (a cold) while my partner has a cough that's settling in her right lung... Sigh!

3. Amazed that we've made it through 2 (yes, 2!) teething days!  He gets super fussy the day his teeth come through, but not during the night.

4. We're still working/battling his cold. Using "little nose" and bulb.

5.  Today is the coldest I've remember here on Marrowstone Island. (it's 21 degrees, but the wind makes it COLDER!)

6.   We have snow on the ground!!

7. I just can't stop smiling at my little one.. He makes my heart sing.

8. I hope he'll use ASL as one of his two native language. (we use ASL and English in our household.)

9. I've got a few things to do today... like shopping and laundry.

10.  Looking forward to our first set of holidays with my partner and our little one. 

• 1. I've been thinking a lot about CT and A.

2.  Work has been extra special crazy lately. That full moon isn't just a myth.

3.  I'm still chuckling over this You Tube video. I can't get over how real it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMCN3eklQWM&feature=related 

4.  A friend's neighbor called me last night because her 9y old daughter came out to her and she didn't know what to do. Thankfully she called while L was at the grocery store with the kids so I could talk and play a social worker at home. ;)

5.  I facilitated a Coming Out support group before the kids were born. I would love to do it again.

6.  I went to the dentist this morning and got an A+. Go me. I hate the dentist. HATE.

7.  The kids are going to their former school this week for back-up care and it reminded me how much we loved it. It wasn't great for academics, but the people there are so nice and our kids were so loved.

8.  I have a pulled muscle in my neck and my goodness it hurts. And I have a high pain threshold.

9.  I am taking tomorrow off to hang out with the kids. I think I will take them to the Science Museum.

10.   If my kids are this slow to get ready in the mornings at 4y...I can't imagine what 14y is going to be like.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1. I'm glad newbies are so excited to play along ;-)

2. K and I are supposed to have a date night tonight.  She's a little p!ssy with me right now though so I'm not certain I want a date night.

3. We are thinking of trading in my truck from a new SUV.  The SUVs I love are very bad for the environment and guzzle gas.  I'm having a hard time with that.  I'm not a car person. I will never drive a car.  I'm an SUV/Truck kind of gal.  I recycle and reuse everything, buy local, and always try to do my best for the environment. But when it comes to car I can't budge. 

4.  #3 makes me feel a bit bad. 

5. I had my monthly meeting with my boss today.  It was actually very pleasant.

6. My brother is hoping to get time off to come visit for New Years.  That would be really nice.

7. Tamales out of a can are better than most tamales in restaurants around here.  It should be no wonder that I gorge on Mexican food when I go home on vacation.

8. This has been open for about 2 hours now so I'm just going to hit post without #s 9 & 10.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Today is office Thanksgiving. We are having Italian.

2. I feel better today about having to cancel my cycle. Hoping either a) the fibroid is in a good spot and nothing needs to be done (and we can do a hail mary at home cycle) b. if I need to have it removed, that has been the problem and my clean new ute will be super fertile.

3. Going to my parents for Thanksgiving. I love them. I hate Oklahoma.

4. I had to type this in Word first, because it took me so long to come up with 10 things.

5. I found a new tea I like: The Republic of Tea Ginger Chocolate Red Tea (caffeine-free)

6. My honey made me a chocolate cake last night because I was depressed. Jeez, I love her like crazy.

7. I got my FSH test results back and they were 6.5 and she said ?that is awesome?. Yeah!

8. I am excited about the ornament exchange!!

9. It is 80 here and doesn?t feel at all like the Holidays. Had to turn the a/c on at the office.

10. Been trying for 10 christmases now to talk DW into going somewhere I can have a white Christmas. Tahoe or something. So far, I have not won. She likes to go to my parents because they do stockings and the whole bit and she had crappy parents who didn?t have good Christmases. That?s why I have not fought too hard for the white Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
  • 1) We are haivng a carry in at work today...lots of yummy food to eat!

2) We are also having a smaller one tomorrow with a different group of people.

3) I love not having to think about what to pack for dinner/lunch for two days.

4) My friend put in a bid on a house in IN last night. I am totally bummed.  I have a total of three friends. One lives in NE, one is busy with grad school adn I have not talked to her in months, and the onther is apparently relocating! This leaves me with DW and my family...and sometimes you just need a friend close by. :sigh:

5) The friend moving also puts me in a lurch as far as childcare goes since she watches Ky Wednesdays from the time I go to work until my mom gets off.

6) I am worried about Eloise's healthy puppy....she seems to be haivng issues latching and Eloise seems to be uninterested in staying with her in her whelping box.  We may have to get puppy formula and nurse it.

7) Ann is SUPPOSED to go shopping for her dad's birthday gift today BUT I doubt she will since she seemed pretty content to hang out with Ky in their jammies all day.

8) I hope she goes out because I asked her to get construction paper for my craft project tomorow: I am making handprint cards from Ky to her grandparents and great grandparents.

9) I am so excited for Thanksgiving: family and YUMMY food!!!!

10) Now back to the dessert protion of our carry in...yum.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    1. I am so very, very sleepy. I am hoping the yogurt pretzels I bought will be enough to keep me awake on the drive from work to daycare.
    2. Little Man has a wound on his leg that refuses to heal. We've treated it with a billion things (per our pedi). I am very much hoping that this latest round of (new) prescriptions clears it up.
    3. I yelled at DW this weekend when she bumped my elbow and I spilled an ounce of breast milk. I feel so sh!tty about it and there is nothing I can do to make it better. It sucks.
    4. Today is my (late) Grandmother's birthday. I miss her so much.
    5. I feel like we went right from summer to winter with no fall. The weather has been nice enough, but the quick change to it being so dark when I leave work has caught me off guard.
    6. I hope we have a couple of snow days and that I get to stay home curled up with my wife and kiddos.
    7. My oldest brother and his wife were visiting this past weekend, and I am so excited about the baby play area we created in the (finished) basement.
    8. Peanut fell over as we were getting ready to get the kids and DW out the door and hit her head hard on the wood floor (just barely off their squishy mat). I hope she's been okay today at daycare.
    9. My SIL who just visited is a physical therapist for kids, and she worked with Peanut a couple of times while she was here. I think Pnut will crawl soon if we keep up the work! Yippee!
    10. I have rarely had my heart break for internet friends as it has this week.
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • 1. There are exactly 5 people from my group in the office today (out of 45). This makes it very difficult to actually want to get any work done.

2. Tomorrow there will be 2 people in the office.  And I will be one of them. 

3. Tomorrow is also the day that C gets the cerclage removed.  Dr says shes' already starting to dilate.  I'm hoping baby girl gets here early! Big Smile

4. The nursery is officially done!  Everything is washed, clothes are put up, hospital bag is packed and in the car, carseat is installed and inspected.  All we need is a baby to put in it.

5. I had a really crappy day at work yesterday and C sent me flowers.  Doesn't happen often, but when it does it makes me Smile

6. We're taking my cousin and her husband to dinner tonight to ask them to be our daughter's Godparents.  They're not really religious so I'm kinda nervous about them saying no. 

7. Reading Butterflygrooves post made me want french onion soup.

8. These boards are pretty addicting.  I mostly lurk and really only post here...but i lurk a lot.  LOL

9. I really don't feel like doing any work today...which is not great because I know I only have a few weeks before I go on "vacation" when baby girl is born. So much to do....no desire to do it.

10. We're debating on turning in my car once the lease is up next month.  We are together ALL the time, we hardly ever use both.  I feel like I'm wasting money on something that just sits in the garage. 

• 1. Chiropractor appt. that I need to leave for in a few minutes. Just for mainrenance.

2. Happy to be off work until Thurs.

3. Dreading working 16 hrs. Thurs.

4. Excited about being off Fri.-Mon. so I can go home to celebrate Thanksgiving with my folks.

5. Very excited that DW could work out her work schedule to come with me...sometimes it doesn't work out.

6. All three of our dogs are stinky and NEED A BATH. (It's gonna happen cuz they're going to Grammy's house with us this weekend.)

7. Still have not POAS...AF is due Thurs. and I can't seem to work up the courage this month to start peeing early. I can't decide if I'm being positive or negative by acting this way. Feeling massive turmoil this month though.

8.Was a bad girl and ate Chik-fil-A today...but it was soooooo yummy. It is very near the house and constantly taunts me.

9. Had a really intimate conversation with my mother today. I talked about my feelings about this cycle, my fears and hope for the potential baby, and DW (in a good way). We really had not had such an intimate conversation since I came out 10 yrs ago. It was totally random and very healing. Feels good. We used to be extremely close before I came out, maybe we can get back to that place.

10. I'm getting all teared up thinking about #9...doggone hormones (PMS or baby, who knows?)

• 1) I am 13dpiui and still BFN :(

2) Still holding out hope for a BFP in the next couple of days :)

3) Can't wait to get to Maui next week - 5 days on the beach and a mental/emotional break from fertility treatments!

4) I am REALLY crabby today. Feel bad for taking out my BFN frustration on DW.

5) We had our first bit of snow here last night. Pretty neat!

6)  Whoever invented grocery delivery is my new best friend. 

7)  I am so thankful that I chose to quit my job and work from home. It's so much easier dealing with the IF rollercoaster in my jammies at home. 

8) Looking forward to seeing my Mom next week - she lives out of state, but is dog/house sitting while we are in Hawaii

9)  I really want a BFP before Christmas!

10) I am crossing my fingers for everyone else out there hoping for a BFP too. 

DW & I (yes, we're lesbians!) are using anonymous donor sperm and IUI TTC#1! Diagnosed with pituitary adenoma at age 16 2009: Extensive testing to find reason for irregular periods & rule out uterine cancer 10/2010: Dx possible PCOS / No Ovulation / Retroverted Uterus IUI #1 on 11/10/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFN IUI #2 on 12/15/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFP!!! Beta #1 = 75 (12dpiui) Beta #2 = 158 (14dpiui) Beta #3 = 333 (15dpiui) Beta #4 = 2,517 (19dpiui) First OB appointment and u/s 1/25/10 EDD: 9/7/11 BabyName Ticker
  • 1. CD1 today. I'm crossing my fingers.

2. We'll be away the first 10 days of the next cycle, so if this is a BFN, FEb it is.

3. I am not at all excited about going to the ILs for Christmas. For 10 days. AND we're boarding the dog.

4. Have I ever mentioned I need a new job? I like my job, generally, but I really really want to end this commute issue and live like normal people.

5. And I need more money. A good amount more. Maybe a salary close to my loan debt?

6. I am getting sick.

7. I will be so sad if I'm not better by Thanksgiving. The highlight is my cousins are bringing their 2 yo and 6 mo old for dessert.

8. I don't even have much of an appetite. Worrysome.

9. Showers and 40s Thurs. Pretty sure my dad will bail on the 5k, and I'm not driving 15 miles to run 3 miles in the rain by myself.

10. I really hope I like the holidays better when we have kids. I used to love them. 

• 1. We had a carry in at my office today, too. But, I never really work in my office, so I didn't carry anything in. Everyone kept harassing me to eat anyway, even though I was trying to finish writing a paper.

2. I kept writing the paper, and went to my classes, lunch-free. I like my classes better than I like the people in my office. Yeah, I said it!

3. After class, K and I went shopping for the rest of our Thanksgiving goodies. We got our turkey *weeks ago, as Thanksgiving is K's favorite holiday. With a 23-lb bird for just the 2 of us, we'll be eating turkey for weeks to come!  

4. It was so cute to see K going over her mental list of what all we needed to get from the store for Thanksgiving, and picking out each item. Talk about a kid in a candy store!

5. One of my instructors has been trying to talk me into starting grad. classes before I'm officially in the program. I just decided today that since we are TTC, I'm going to take a few more undergrad classes and then join the program this fall, with the rest of the cohort.

6. TTC is stressful enough without jumping into a grad. program off-kilter and out-of-order. I LOVE school, but, I need to relax more.

7. One of my good friends has had a lot of bad news in her life lately. One good thing is she has a 20-week sono tomorrow and will find out the sex of her baby. Been thinking about her a lot this week.

8.  K got a whole bag of fake bones at a bargain price today. It's almost a complete skeleton. So far, she's had a skull and a miniature skeleton, but these bones are life-sized. This is a really big deal to her, and I've enjoyed watching her enjoy them.

9. I'm running out of time before I need to do my trigger shot. Normally I have K do it, but she's in class right now. I better go get to it.

10. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm very thankful to have found this board!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • 1. The past 3 nights I haven't been in bed before 2 am.

2. The fact that its after 11, I'm eating ice cream and watching DVR'd "The Devil Wears Prada" doesn't really seem to bother B though :)

3. I'm convinced I'd be 30lbs lighter if I lived in NYC- having to walk and run everywhere. That'd be awesome.

4. B is really irritated with everything I seem to do today. Its kinda driving me nuts!

5. Ugh, being completely honest, early in our friendship (while I was still married to XH) B and I got in a really bad physical (on both ends) fight. Nothing even close to that has happened since, but now that she's so peeved with me, I think about that sometimes. And I still feel horrible for letting it get that bad.

6. This movie makes me feel like I should dress fancier. Its hard when I spend most of my time in scrubs!

7. I hate that a test I took 6 years ago to start going to college means that I have to take a stupid remedial math class now. Not that I've gotten any better at math since then, but I think I should have at least gotten another chance to test out of it!

8. We have a ton of leftover Halloween candy still! Yikes!

9. We also still have a Halloween (uncarved) pumpkin sitting on our step. B says she's waiting to see how long it stays orange before she'll get rid of it.

10. My old dog chewed up my $100 hair straightener, and at the time I didn't have the money to replace it so I got a $30 one from Target and I hate it. I'm actually shopping for hair straighteners online right now! Lol its kind of a funny thing to be shopping for online.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. My TTT is super late...I was home with a sick kiddo yesterday.

2.  DD had a fever of 103 all weekend with her dad. He found it convenient to notify me when it started Friday night, but not to communicate updates to me the rest of the weekend. Grr...

3. We had snow arrive over the weekend. Seattle does not know how to prepare for or drive in snow.  A few inches=major disaster.

4. Guess that it's best I had to stay home with the sick kid yesterday since that gave the road crews time to do their work.

5. My girl and I went to see Bran.di Car.lile sing with the local symphony on Friday night.  It was a sold out show and it was fantastic. Bonus...she is cute and gay. Stick out tongue

6. My girl and I went to the beach for the remainder of the weekend as an early bday celebration for yours truly.  It snowed at the beach, how fantastic is that!!!

7. There is this random locals bar in a small town along the highway near where we stayed.  I have always wanted to stop there, but never by myself.  My girl says let's go check it out.  We have a beer and as we're about to cash out and go back to the cabin, the female bartender asks if we're family.  Uh huh, that's right, a lesbian bartender in the middle of freaking nowhere.  We stayed and had another beer and chatted her up.  Best.story.ever.Big Smile

8. I came back to work today to discover the heat not working in our office wing.  It's 21 degrees outside in Seattle.  I'm typing this with my ski jacket on and frozen fingers!

9. My girl bought me a couple of gifts only a true lesbian could appreciate...a new Swiss Army knife and a battery tender for my motorcycle.  Now that's love, haha!

10. I hope everyone has a warm happy fun and food filled Thanksgiving!

• 1. I'm late. again. terrible. Stick out tongue

2. my boss said we should all go home early today. I finished most of my stuff by 11:30 or so but I have to wait for the system to run so I can do some final approvals, and that could take until 2 to finish. suck.

3. I wish I was doing something for the holiday tomorrow, but my family is getting together Saturday and my wife is working overtime tonight and all weekend.

4. I have 4 follies.

5. I would like to go home now.

6. it got really cold here today. I want fall back.

7. I should really start thinking about Christmas presents for people.

8. I think the promotion they've been promising me for the last 2.5 years is finally going through. that means at least a $1.25/hr raise. sweet.

9. I would like a candy bar.

10. okay, I've stalled enough. maybe the system has finished the run...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"