LGBT Parenting

One?!

ONE folly for us this month. Sad We are both bummed. I'm so glad Kim is always positive, she really supports me.

I know it only *takes one, but I was expecting... more than one!

I told the nurse I wanted to change the medicine protocol for next month.

She said the doc usually does 3 unsuccessful cycles before changing protocols, but she would note my request on my chart. My doc is excellent, and I have no doubt he will add an FSH shot to the regimen next month, like the nurse suggested.

The thing is, I've had Clomid before, and didn't respond well. I had Femara before, and responded *very well, but my ex's swimmers were not up to snuff. I know they like to change things up, because the body can respond differently at different times, but I'm not making this emotional and financial investment to be timid. Also, I'm 34, and Kim and I would like to try for more than one child.

So, we'll see how it goes. IUI #2 will be *on Thanksgiving day. Please send positive vibes our way. We'll need it even more with only one egg working for us!

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: One?!

• Good luck! I hope this is your month!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Most of the world gets it done with only one egg at a time, but I agree with you about heading in with both barrels blazing. At least you know you're on the right track with meds that can help...sending you wishes, prayers, baby dust and luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sending loads of positive vibes your way!!  I wish this to be the "one" for you both.. Give Kim a big hug and tell her - "positive energy and love!" I'll send what I can! 
  • I remember when Two posted something exactly like this! It really does only take one!! Smile

**good vibes**

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Super fertile egg vibes coming your way!!!
    Mommies to 5 fur babies!
    TTC#1 since 2004
    LGBT
    4 cycles @ home with known donor - BFN
    RE un-medicated IUI cycles # 1-7= BFN
    NEW RE Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/ IUI #8 BFN
    Took long break
    Nov 2009 - Clomid 50mg/ Ovidrel/IUI #9 = BFP
    Beta 12/4 - 10...Beta #2 12/7- 28 Beta #3 12/9 - 80!
    1st sonogram 12/28 - slow hb and growth
    m/c 1/1/2010 Courtland 8w0d
    Nov 2010 cycle cancelled - polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    April 4 2011 - IUI #10 BFFN
    July 5, 2011 - #11 BFFN AMH .62 Boo
  • imagethiswillbe:
    I remember when Two posted something exactly like this! It really does only take one!! Smile

**good vibes**

lol! Yup, my "One" is now 7 months old :-)  Even though I have no known fertility issues I chose to take clomid to up our odds every cycle.  The first two cycles I had 2-3 beautiful big follies.  Cycle #3 I had just one.  One lonely little follicle. Turned out to be my favorite follicle ever!! :-)  Don't give up hope, you're still in the game.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck to you! 
    DW & I (yes, we're lesbians!) are using anonymous donor sperm and IUI TTC#1! Diagnosed with pituitary adenoma at age 16 2009: Extensive testing to find reason for irregular periods & rule out uterine cancer 10/2010: Dx possible PCOS / No Ovulation / Retroverted Uterus IUI #1 on 11/10/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFN IUI #2 on 12/15/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFP!!! Beta #1 = 75 (12dpiui) Beta #2 = 158 (14dpiui) Beta #3 = 333 (15dpiui) Beta #4 = 2,517 (19dpiui) First OB appointment and u/s 1/25/10 EDD: 9/7/11 BabyName Ticker
  • Thanks for all the positive vibes! I appreciate it. Gonna do my trigger shot tonight, and go in Thanksgiving morning for the IUI. Then, we are gonna have a wonderful feast and start the 2WW.

Excellent support from Two! Thanks for this info! 

Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"