High-Risk Pregnancy

If you're on Lovenox...

...do you get knots under your injection sites?  I've been on Lovenox (generic now) since August, yet I'm just noticing these.  I have two, and one is a very large lump under one of my bruises.  I called the dr. and they said unless it appears to be infected, I shouldn't worry.  Is this going to be my new normal?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mom of THREE girls!!!

Pg #1 - mc - May 2007
Pg #2 - Sweet baby girl #1 born Oct. 2008! 
Pg #3 - mc - June 2010
Pg #4 - Sweet baby girl #2 born April 2011!
Pg #5 - Sweet baby girl #3 born Jan. 2014!
APS/MTHFR- Lovenox

Re: If you're on Lovenox...

• 'fraid so...it's apparently a fairly common side-effect, and they usually go away after a couple of weeks(by which point you'll probably have new ones forming).  It's annoying, but you get used to it.  I mostly just try to avoid sticking the needle directly into a lump, while it's there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I occasionally do, but I think it's because I'm injecting too quickly and the medicine sits there for a little bit.  It usually goes away after a couple hours.  I don't think it's anything to worry about but you could always ask your DR if you're concerned.
  • Loading the player...
  • One of my docs told me to get Arnica gel (you can get it at a health food store) and rub it on several times per day.  It worked for me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• I'm on heparin and get the same thing. Usually goes away in a few hours to a few days. I have to inspect my stomach now before each shot to make sure I don't inject right into the lump, because it hurts like a askdjfaskddnsf

Crying

Nothing I have found helps. Just a normal side effect I figure, but I don't get it every time.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"