High-Risk Pregnancy

Diagnosed with GD today :(

I'm feeling a little bit defeated right now.  Managing the HBP was enough of  a hassel and now this!  I know things could be much worse and knowing about the GD now will help me take control and hopefully keep risks low to me and baby...I just feel like whining.

Does anyone else have GD and HBP this pregnancy?  What routine has helped you manage the medications, journal entry writing and blood sugar testing while still living your life?

Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diagnosed with GD today :(

• Sorry about the GD diagnosis.  I know it's overwhelming at first, and it must be especially so when coupled with your existing HBP issue.  I will say, though, that it's really not that bad once you get the hang of it.  The diet and testing scheduling can take over your life a bit, but it gets much better once you start figuring out what works for you and getting into the routine of it all.  GL and hang in there!
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey there, I'm not in the exact same boat as you, but I have been dealing with GD and also blood clot issues for this pregnancy.  I've known about the clotting issues and have been on Lovenox since week 12.  The GD was diagnosed around week 26, so I've been dealing with the both of them for about 9 weeks now.  I can honestly tell you that the GD diagnosis is so much easier to deal with than the clotting issue, and much less painful.  I don't do finger sticks because they hurt too bad, so I check my bs in my forearm which seems to be much less sensitive.  I've also been able to figure out which foods my body can digest without spiking my sugars too bad, so I can afford a little cheat here and there.

It does get easier the more you're dealing with the GD thing.  Sorry I couldn't be more help for the HBP issue.  Hang in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was just diagnosed yesterday with GD. I agree, it is very defeating, but I keep reminding myself that there was no way I could have prevented it. I go to my first GD info sessions/class tomorrow afternoon and am looking forward to educating myself on how to be most healthy for my baby. Good luck to you and keep your head up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just diagnosed with GD as well and completely relate to the feeling of being defeated. I go in for classes & a consult with a peri next week. I'm trying to keep but my head up, but am still really upset about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"