High-Risk Pregnancy

Just diagnosed with GD- needing to vent.

If it's not one thing, it's another! The first 20 weeks of my pregnancy were great, but as soon as I hit the 20 week mark everything went down hill. My cervix started shortening, my baby is measuring small (15th percentile) and now I have GD. Ugh! What I don't understand is how can my baby be measuring that small if I have GD? So far I can still work as long as I sit as much as I can all day, but I am supposed to stay off my feet as soon as I get home. I'm not allowed to run any errands, etc. My cervix is still shortening and they are checking it again in 2 and half weeks. At that point I think they will put me on bed rest. Baby is still measuring in the 15th percentile and they will check her again in 2 and a half weeks. I am frustrated that my body is not doing what it is supposed to and I worry that her small size might indicate a problem with her. I know that a lot of other people have much more serious issues, but I just needed to get it out there. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just diagnosed with GD- needing to vent.

• I just spent quite a lot of time responding to your last post, did you delete it? :-(
  • Ugh, my bad - I responded to your post on the 3rd tri board. Sorry!

Hang in there!

• Loading the player...
  • I posted here and on 3rd tri- but with slightly different posts. I saw your post over there. Thanks for your input! I try not to worry, but when one complication after another arises, it gets hard. I am so glad to have these forums to get (and give) encouragement!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LURKING FROM 0-3 MONTH BOARD. SORRY FOR ALL CAPS! I HAD GD WITH MY DAUGHTER SUPPOSEDLY ... VERY MILD CASE, GREAT NUMBERS AND JUST DIET CONTROLLED. MY DAUGHTER WAS ALSO MEASURING ON THE SMALL SIDE. I WAS INDUCED AT 38 WEEKS B/C HER WEIGHT WAS BELOW 10TH PERCENTILE. SHE WAS BORN AT 5 LBS 11 OZ AND WAS HEALTHY JUST SMALL. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I understand your need to vent. I had GD with my first child (and looks like I will have it for this one per some early testing my dr. has done) and it seemed to almost take over my life with the testing and food monitoring. I didn't have a shortening cervix, but I can only imagine it doesn't help your stress levels. Just try to remain positive. Some days will be better than others. I found writing everything that I consumed down help with monitoring but it also contributed to my "obsessing" over it. I also experienced guilt anytime I ate something that I knew would drive my sugar up. My son was born a month early and was 7lb., 11oz., so full term he would have been pretty big. My only advice I can offer is try not to obsess, it's not your fault you have it. Try to relax and think of when your lo will be here. It will all be a distant memory then! :) good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My SIL had GD & HBP issues with her most recent pregnancy and delivered a small (5lb, 11oz) but perfectly healthy baby, so try not to worry about her size. Conversely, I was a 10-1/2 pounder and my mom *didn't* have GD.

I was just diagnosed with GD, but up to this point the baby has always measured average.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"