High-Risk Pregnancy

New and looking for encouragement.

Hi all.  I first want to apologize for how long this will be.  I am currently 17 weeks pregnant.  I have been diabetic since I was 19. (Just about 10 years.)  I was out of control with my diabetes when I got pregnant.  I found out I was pregnant when I was 5 weeks along and immediately hospitalized.  I  got everything in order but while in the hospital they found a subchorionic bleed.  A week later I was taken back to the hospital with severe bleeding and was a threatened miscarriage.  They found two more bleeds. Right now I am doing ok but  I am trying to make sense out of everything going on.  I have heard the baby's heartbeat every two weeks at the OB.  However, my OB said this might not end well for me, that the baby could have problems, and that the baby is not growing right.  I finally decided to go to a MFM clinic where they are a little more reassuring.  I go for my Level II U/S and a Fetal Echocardiogram next week.  I am just really scared that something is wrong with the baby and it is my fault.  Has anyone been through this?  If so, how did things turn out?  I just want to know that I am not alone.  Thanks all.

Re: New and looking for encouragement.

• I haven't been in your exact situation but I have been more than pleased with the care I have received from my MFM clinic.

I am a type II diabetic - my pregnancy was unplanned and I was 22 weeks when I found out I was pregnant (whole 'nother long story).  I am at 33 weeks right now.  My little guy has not had any complications due to my diabetes or the lack of prenatal care.  I was most worried about the lack of prenatal care because I had made a lot of business trips before I found out I was expecting.  I tend to have a few drinks in the evening when I am out and about on business but so far no signs of this harming the baby.

Prayers that you get good news from the MFM clinic.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"