High-Risk Pregnancy

bedrest girls

I am feeling like such a slug. ALL I do is watch TV and I dont even seem bored with it!

I have so many thing I could be doing, crafting, writing cards, scrapbooking, reading. But I just sit here, like a slug, glued to my TV and laptop.

How do you find motivation to do anything else? Or does anyone else just watch tv endlessly?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bedrest girls

• I watch TV all day long, which I hate, and I wish I did something else, much like you I have plenty of other projects I could be doing, but nope- I lay on the couch w/ my laptop and my doggie and stare at the TV! :(

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've been doing the exact same thing as you. It took me 6 weeks of bedrest to write 20 thank you notes from our wedding because um...I'm busy laying around and just didn't feel like it dang it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My days are TV, computer, book, REPEAT. I can't stand it anymore!
  • imagejennylem:
    My days are TV, computer, book, REPEAT. I can't stand it anymore!

Yep - this is me. I also found that since I stopped working - evidentially so did my attention span. I tried to find books that I would at least "learn" something. Hmmm - not getting very far with that. 

But I have been trying to learn how to crochet - I made a beautiful scarf (while watching TV) and I attempted to make a hat. While it is finished, I don't think I can give it away as a gift.... 

• imageColieM:

Yep - this is me. I also found that since I stopped working - evidentially so did my attention span. I tried to find books that I would at least "learn" something. Hmmm - not getting very far with that. 

But I have been trying to learn how to crochet - I made a beautiful scarf (while watching TV) and I attempted to make a hat. While it is finished, I don't think I can give it away as a gift.... 

I learned to crochet too!  I've managed to do one row...and now I'm stuck because I don't know how to turn around! LOL My hubby will show me I just haven't had him do it yet since my hands have been hurting so bad the past few days. He's been working on a baby blanket for a few weeks and should have it done by tonight. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have definitely become an internet deals junkie (baby stuff, Christmas stuff) since being on bed rest.  I do other stuff too- lesson plans for school, lately more reading about delivery and breastfeeding, thank you notes for shower gifts, lots of talking on the phone with my mom.  But, some days I definitely feel lazier than others and just keep my eyes glued to the tv or playing around on the internet.  I think that even with a schedule, it's super hard to stay motivated when there's only so much you can do. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"