Am I real parent now? First ear infection - check. — The Bump
Indiana Babies

Am I real parent now? First ear infection - check.

Yep, it was an ear infection.

Too bad it took FOUR nurses to hold her down so they could irrigate her earwax out in order to get a good look. I'm glad we did it, though, because yup - infection.

Doc said it's not a bad one, but obviously still need to be treated.

It's a good thing we went today. Turns out I have what's called a peritonsillar abscess (basically a tonsil infection) that is bad enough that had I waited one more day, doc said I would have ended up in the ER. I still might have to go have it surgically drained if it doesn't improve in a day.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Am I real parent now? First ear infection - check.

• Oh, bTW, I'm on augmentin for my thing. I know a lot of you have used that for your kiddos.
  • double bummer.  Andrew hates having his ears checked too. All of you get well!  Good thing you want to urgent care!

My Personal Blog Knot Bio Nest Bio
    Andrew Ryan - born at 26w2d, 2 lb 3 oz, Dec 2008 Elliott William - born at 35w4d, 7 lb 1 oz, May 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Lauren, I'm glad you went to the doctor.  There is some nasty stuff going around!!  I hope you all get feeling better soon!  Lots of hugs to you as you get through this day!
  • You made the right call going in.  At least it's something you can treat and not just some virus you have to wait out.  Hope fully you and Ella will be feeling better soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holy double SUCK.  Sorry that you guys are feeling yucky and fingers crossed that the meds help you improve enough to avoid surgery!
  • image shauna060708:
    Holy double SUCK.  Sorry that you guys are feeling yucky and fingers crossed that the meds help you improve enough to avoid surgery!

Um, no_shit. If I have to go to the ER tomorrow I'm going to be very, very upset. Luckily Brian is (FINALLY) coming home tonight and Ella can go to day care, so if we have to go, we'll be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards