Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Activities with 3.5 month old?

What do you ladies do with your 3.5 month old?  I feel like I'm not stimulating her enough sometimes!  She loves to just lay on the couch or activity mat and just talk, so she does that a lot during the day.  I also put her in the swing because she loves looking at herself in the mirror.  We try to do a nursery rhyme/sing-a-long class once a week or so too.  Anything else I should/could do with her?  TIA!

Re: Activities with 3.5 month old?

• We go for walks, go to the library and read, play on the activity mat, go in the swing, do a little tummy time (she hates it), play airplane, and do other things to build her neck muscles.

I work full time, so classes aren't an option.

• DD started getting a lot more observant around then, so I would just carry her around the house and explain lots of things to her. She loves the fridge for some reason. I put her in the high chair when I am making her bottles or doing dishes and I talk to her about all of it.

In terms of actual toys, she likes the rattle, a crinkle book and some textured keys she can eat. She also loves her activity center/exersaucer/jumper thing, but without fail, it makes her poop every time.

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think they need too much stimulation at that age, because everyday things are stimulating enough.  Looking in a mirror, trying to hold a toy or just looking at it, watching your face as you talk or sing, looking at picture books, getting some fresh air on a walk outside.  Babies really enjoy the simple things in life!
  • We spread a blanket on the floor and play with toys and he rolls around, he plays on the play mat and kicks his toys around for a while, He'll sit in the bumbo or bouncer sometimes and watch me do laundry or fix something to eat. He loves to "stand" and "walk" so we do that a lot, he loves to look in the mirror and "walk towards his reflection, " We take the dog on walks, make faces at each other and have conversations. He's a very vocal baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I take a blanket in the back yard and lay them under a tree.  They love to just look around.  They also LOVE their Jumperoo.  Best thing I ever bought!  Next we are going to get one of the rolly ones with wheels and see if they'll like "walking" around the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I borrowed the book, Baby's First Skills by Miriam Stoppard.  It starts from birth to 12 months.  I was doing some things before reading/using it, but I liked it because it gave me new things I can do to stimulate my LO for the 1st year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"