High-Risk Pregnancy

a little worried about sugar just put on glyburide

I called my doctors office but they close early today so I might have missed them.  I was put on it two nights ago and my fasting numbers in the AM have been 60 both mornings.   2 hours after breakfast it only went to 70.  Has anyone else had low numbers like this after going on it?  I took the pill at 10pm and had a yogurt and cheese stick with it. 

Re: a little worried about sugar just put on glyburide

• What dosage were you put on?  How often do you take it?

My fasting has never been that low - I take 2.5mg at supper (around 7pm) and 2.5mg at breakfast (7am).  Up until a week or so ago my fastings were 75-85.  My after breakfast number has been problematic- sometimes around 55.

How do you feel when you have a number of 60?

I would probably leave a message with on-call to have a doctor call you back - just to check in with them regarding the numbers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2.5 mg at night they told me to take it at 10pm with a snack.  I feel okay when i wake up, my hands were a little shaky until I ate.  I dont need it after meals, for example I had a normal dinner tonight (pasta with shrimp) and two hours later it was 101.  Before they put me on this mediciation my fasting numbers were around 109-115
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm on insulin, but I my bedtime snack is supposed to have 30 grams of carbs.  I would try something with carbs for your snack instead of protein only.  Maybe cheese toast?  PB sammie?  If I don't have carbs at bedtime, my morning numbers are funky.

GL! 

• image4510heather:

I'm on insulin, but I my bedtime snack is supposed to have 30 grams of carbs.  I would try something with carbs for your snack instead of protein only.  Maybe cheese toast?  PB sammie?  If I don't have carbs at bedtime, my morning numbers are funky.

GL! 

This for me also.... My bedtime snack is the same every night and it works for me.  I eat half an english muffin with peanut butter and a glass of milk.  I would definitely add a card and see how that works.  I was told the ideal fasting range is in the high 70's, low 80's.

• Thanks girls, I will try a higher carb tonight, and see what happens.  this morning was 63 again.  You're a great group of ladies :)
  • It took me about a week for my fasting numbers to stabilize in the 80s after going on glyburide.
  • Thank you, I ate a bowl a cereal last night and my sugar was 90 so it must have been I am not eating enough carbs at night. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"