Multiples
Options

Those who had GD

I was diagnosed with GD at about 28 weeks.  I was able to keep my blood sugar levels under control with diet; however I stopped testing after the girls arrived.  I haven't thought much about it, but I'm curious--was I supposed to have a follow up test after delivery?  My OB's office is closed so I thought I might be able to get some insight here.

Re: Those who had GD

• Options
    I had GD with our son and I had a follow up 2 hour GTT done at about 6 weeks post partum. 
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options
    Glad to know my OB is on top of that stuff Tongue Tied.  Guess I will be giving them a call on Monday...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB wanted me to have a 2 hour GTT sometime within 6 months after the babies were born. When I tried to schedule it with the lab, they wouldn't let me. The lab required a fasting blood sugar level and will only do a 2hour GTT if you fail it. I passed the fasting blood sugar level so the diabetes is now considered resolved (although I still can't get health insurance b/c I used insulin withing the last 12 months.....grrrrrr).
  • Options
    I asked my MFM about it at my last appointment and he said, nope, once the babies are here, you're done. I tested my BS after a high carb meal a couple times after they were born and it was fine, so I'm not worried about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"