Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Moving to the Area..Need Recommendations!!

Hi everyone!!

My husband has been relocated and we will be moving from Jersey to Fort Worth in mid January....right as I'm beginning my third trimester!! If anyone can give me recommendations for doctors, hospitals, birthing classes, parenting classes...EVERYTHING...I would really appreciate it! I'm trying not to stress here, but its hard knowing I need to research and find all these things on such short notice!! Please help!!!!

Thanks, Allyn

Re: Moving to the Area..Need Recommendations!!

• Welcome to Texas Smile

I can't give any advice for the Fort Worth area as I'm in Dallas, but if ou scroll down there should be some information pertaining to docs in Fort Worth, or depending on exactly where you are - Grapevine/Keller as well...

Best of luck with the move!

• I live on the west side of Fort Worth so I can give you recommendations for that part of town, but if your on the North or East side these may not be as pertinent to you. All of the downtown hospitals are really nice and Baylor just put millions of dollars in its Women Services section so I have heard it is the nicest place to have a baby in Fort Worth. If you live on the west side, Texas Resources Southwest near Hulen mall is also very nice.  I use doctor Heather Neville and she works out of Texas Resources (used to be Harris Southwest). All of the hospitals offer birth and parenting class taught by trained nurses and they are almost always mothers themselves so I wouldn't stress too much about that. Any other Fort Worth info you need just PM me and I'll help you out as much as I can. DH and I moved down here 4 years ago from Ohio and we have loved every minute of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Lucky for you, Ft. Worth has 2 great hospitals!  I would reccomend trying to find a doctor who operates out of Harris-Methodist Hospital.  They have a great NICU just in case any complications arise.  Furthermore, Cook-Children's is right down the road too!  Your baby should be greatly taken care of no matter which hospital you choose!
  • I also use Dr. Neville at Harris Southwest. She is awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I researched the HECK out of Dr.s bc I wasn't from here either. I went with Dr. Cynthia Robbins based on all of the great recs. She is AMAZING!!!! I've said since that if we ever moved and got preggo again I'd have to come back here to have the baby! lol! There are several drs in the practice, but every patient I spoke to loved their docs, too. Robbins will go to Baylor or Harris. I went to Baylor... loved my nurses and the hospital. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"