Secondary IF

Everything is falling apart (long)

So cycle 3 failed. I got AF this morning, which was really surprising to me, it's earlier than usual, and I really was optimistic about this cycle. I called the RE's office as soon as they opened, made an appt. for tomorrow and decided to call up about getting my next round of Injections. DH's insurance changed, apparently it was up in Nov and they thought it was good til Jan (his comp.) and so MVP changed all their plans and the plan that was compared to the one we were on sky rocketed in out of pocket per month expense. So his employer chose one that is similar in price and such...anyways...the prescription plan totally changed and ONLY generic meds are covered with a $10 copay. So I called up to see if this affected my Fert. meds and yup...I would have to pay full price for the meds on this plan. So I'm EFFED. (I know there are many ppl who do not even have any coverage at all and I don't know how you do it.) We can barely afford the drug copays and all the office copays, we def. can't afford even a single pen of Gonal-f...so it looks like we are done until we find a new insurance plan in January...if that even happens.

I'm really upset, stressed, falling apart, my DD is putting crayons down the cold air return ducts and doesn't have a clue what's going on. (thank god) I called my RE's office back and was sobbing over the phone (I should've waited) so now the woman in charge of the billing is calling up MVP for me... I'm sure she'll get the same answer I did.

I am so thankful that I have DD, and if this would've happened when I was trying for her I would've found a way to get the money to pay for the meds out of pocket. But because I have her...because we were one of the lucky ones, I can't see doing that now. I REALLY want another child, I wouldn't be going thru all this if I didn't, but there's a time when enough is enough...maybe this is some devine intervention telling me, you're done. Give up.

I know how whiny and sorry for myself I sound. I'm sorry. Thanks for continuing to read... I'll let you know what happens if anything changes for the better.

Re: Everything is falling apart (long)

• I'm sorry, that is such a huge slap to find out it was such a huge change in expenses.  That does not seem right though that it changes as of now b/c a lot of people deal with increased OOP costs with FSA accounts which start to be active in Jan.  Try not to see it as giving up if the RE can't get a good answer from the company.  You still have time to get back in the game, and anything can happen even on a break cycle.  It's one thing to feel like you've hit the end of the road because you think it's the best thing for you emotionally. It's a totally different thing to feel like it's the end b/c of insurance and things you have no control over so I think anyone would have a hard time dealing with it.   

I hope to hear a good update from your RE!

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Oh hun, I am so sorry!  I hope you get great news from your RE.  Lots of luck...I am thinking of you!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies for the optimism and understanding. I can always count on you for that. Unfortunately they found out the same info... boo. But she referred me to needymed.org and the program for Gonal-f users. I am going to see if I qualify for a free cycle of Gonal-f. Hopefully I do, and will just have this cycle off and start up with the one to follow... we'll see. Meanwhile we can hope for a miracle!

GL to both of you on this new cycle!

• Wow, how frustrating! If it is not one thing it is another, huh? I really hope that the free round of meds works out for you, you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!
  • I'm so sorry!  I know how frustrating ins. can be and hate getting slapped in the face with things that don't go the way you had hoped.  I'll be praying for you.

BTW...you've got mail.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • I am so sorry.

We are OOP for all the meds as well....and I find it heartbreaking.

Do you have a ballpark figure for how much your meds for one cycle will cost?

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"