Multiples
Options

Finding out the sex at 16 weeks?

Our OB moved up our appointment to the day before Thanksgiving (it was the week after Thanksgiving).  We were told we would learn the sex of the babies at the 17 week u/s.  Has anyone had experience with learning the sex at 16 weeks?
U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Finding out the sex at 16 weeks?

• Options
    I was 16 weeks when I found out the genders of our babies, it was confirmed at 20 weeks. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We found out the sex at 15 wks 1 day and the u/s tech said she was certain.  That'll be a great Thanksgiving present!
    Fiona & Julia imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 23 mos. TTC, MFI, IUI #1&2 BFN, IVF #1 = BFP!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    with my singleton and twins we found out the sex at 12w2d at the NTS - and confirmed at 16w - so as long as baby is cooperative - you can certainly find out! good luck!
  • Options

With my 5 year old twins, we found out at 16w that they were boy/girl.

This time, I had a cervical length check u/s at 16.5 weeks, and the u/s tech told us she was certain they were boy/boy.  That was confirmed at my 18w anatomy scan.

Good luck! 

Mom to Boy/Girl twins born 8/2005 (IUI+inj.) 1st IVF= failed 11/2009 (IVF) Lost identical twins 3/10 (FET #1)Early m/c 6/2010 (FET #2) Twin Boys! Born 3/21/2011 @ 36w3d
  • Options

We were told a boy and a girl at 16 weeks.... two boys at 20 weeks- had 2 boys!  ;)

I did have a blast shopping for a girl for a month! Even though I ended up returning all of it and crying in the target parking lot... 

• Options

My girls were modest and had the cord between their legs at 16 weeks but we were able to try again at 18 to see our 2 girls!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Thanks Girls!  That is wonderful!  What great news to get to share with our family on Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for them already!  I will let you know how it goes...

U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

yes 16 weeks you will be able to tell unless the babies is hiding there boy or girl parts.

I knew at my NST that i was having one boy with the twins and with Brady they were pretty sure at the NST it was a boy as well

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, we found out the sex at 16 weeks, and it has been confirmed ever since. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married 5/24/2003 TTC since 5/2007 IUI #1 10/2008 -- :) M/C 12/08 -- :( IUI #2 3/2009 -- :( IUI #3 6/2009 -- :( IUI #4 7/2009 -- :( IUI #5 9/2009 -- :( IVF 5/2010 -- TWINS!! :)
  • Options
    Yep, Found out yesterday at 16w.  They had no problem showing us their stuff!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is great news for me too!! I have an u/s the same day, but I will only be 15 weeks and 3 days. So, I guess we have an opportunity to know if they are boys.  Good Luck to finding out!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"