Indiana Babies

-kathy-

Is it just me or does Andrew look like a five-year-old lately? He seems to change so much so quickly and looks like such a big boy! He is so handsome in your new siggy :)

Also, what wide angle do you have? I just got a 24mm/2.8 (wanted to make sure I liked it before springing for a nicer one) and I'm liking it so far! I feel like it makes portraits so much more interesting. I still love my 50mm/1.4 but I've been playing with the 24 a lot :)

Re: -kathy-

• Kathy, I was just going to post the same thing. Andrew looks so grown up!! 

• Thanks!! I know he looks SO big! Nuts. :) 

Long story - - but a friend of a friend won a bag of photography equipment at an auction - and said person is not interested in photography at all.  It used to belong to the military. 

So, he asked my FIL to sell it on ebay for him.  As a thank you, he gave him one lens to keep to give to me (they follow my blog).  Needless to say, it's an awesome lens I could never afford in real life :) 

It's a Canon EF 17-35 mm f/2.8.

I usually use the 50 mm, and for some reason have way better luck getting a crisp focus with it, but, the wide angle is really, super awesome in certain situations and to change up the normal looking portrait a smidge.  Although sometimes I get a little carried away and I have to be careful of major distortion :) ha.

I think the 24 mm f/2.8 sounds like a great way to go!!!!

I keep thinking for my next lens I should do a mid-range with some zoom.  I'm not sure what.  That or I've thought about a macro lens :) It'll be a while though, for now I'm getting a speedlite.  There are too many situations where I can't get enough light!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"