New Orleans Babies

SAHMs - what do you do to get LO "out?"

I need some help here.  I am bored.  And I know DD is feeling it too.  What do you do in a given week?  Are you part of any classes/groups? 

I was looking at Kindermusik, and Gymboree (but I'm in Kenner and that's on the NS) and I looked at GymRompers, too.  My problem - I am due April 5 with baby#2 so paying for an entire semester/session of classes is not something I want to commit too in case the baby arrives early (DD was 2 weeks early.. not that means a WHOLE lot, but you know...).

Are there any things similar that are available on a drop in basis?

I think I'm going to have to go ahead and get Audubon and Children's Museum memberships soon since she's getting old enough now, so I guess that's something.

Re: SAHMs - what do you do to get LO "out?"

• what about the parenting center? there's the big one uptown, but also one on west esplanade in metairie, if that's more convenient.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Our public library does "Lap Sit" every week that I take Amelia to during the summers when I'm off of work. There's music, reading, and some playing as well. It's free, and there's no obligation to go weekly... just whenever you can! 

Are you a Groupon member? They recently had a special on tickets to the Aquarium for 1/2 price; my daughter loves going see the "fsss."  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Barnes and Noble and Borders have storytime. I think that's a great thing to do if I was a SAHM.  Also, Pottery Barn Kids has a story time as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely do the Audubon membership. We have gotten our money's worth out of it and then some! Grace loves the aquarium, and it was great when it was steamy hot during the summer. She wasn't as impressed with the zoo when she was younger, but now that she recognizes the animals it is a lot more fun. Plus anything that is outside where she can run around is huge plus. I have also thought about doing the friends of City Park now that she is old enough to play in Storyland.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"