Ohio Babies

TTC or Parenting while in School?

edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

Hi Ladies,

DH and I are TTC but I am also trying to get my Master's degree. I start at OSU this summer. I know woman go to school and parent all the time but I am worried I might get kicked out of the program for missing a couple classes when I have the baby. So I guess I was just wondering if anyone out there is in school and going through the same thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC or Parenting while in School?

• Hello!  

I am trying to make the same decision. My concern isn't getting kicked out of school for missing classes, but rather where to put my focus in general. Last year I decided to go back to school to do some post-grad coursework to earn my teaching certificate. I only have 4 semesters left and I know that would go by so fast...however, my husband and I have been TTC for the last two years with no luck. We recently met with my OB to start fertility meds (I do not ovulate regularly which is why we have not conceived yet) with the hopes that it will happen very soon.  With that being said, I have to make a decision on whether or not to continue with school now or wait a few years. On one hand, I could complete 2 full semesters during the 9 months of pregnancy and I'd be that much closer to completing the program. On the other hand, those 9 months would be a good time for me to pick up more hours at work and save as much money as we can because we know we will need it once the baby comes. I have had people tell me "school will always be there and you can always go back".  I'm sure so many women are faced with big decisions like this when TTC so at least we are not alone. I guess we just need to look at the big picture and figure out what our priorities and goals are. I wish you lots of luck!!  :)   

• I am currently trying to finish up my last 2 quarters of a degree I'm working on.  I have to say, if you are fortunate (unfortunate) to have m/s as bad as I have had it, you will have a very hard time making to class or even concentrating on anything but throwing up or what you will be eating next.

I know not all women experience this, but it is much worse than I expected and I'm just hoping to make it through this quarter and use my December break to get the rest of the way through the first trimester.  Just something to consider :)

Good luck of course! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"