North Dakota Babies
Options

XP: Cookie Recipes

Hey ladies I need a fairly easy, but very yummy holiday cookie recipe. I have a neighborhood cookie exchange party this weekend and I was going to make these but now that I need to make 14 dozen, there is no way I think I can get that many done, especially when the day before I am hosting a party myself. Wish I didn't need to make so many, I was excited to make these and bought really neat embellishments, but there is just no way at this point...
~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time

Re: XP: Cookie Recipes

• Options

We always make peanut butter cookies with a hershey kiss in the middle. Make sure to put the kiss in the cookie right have the come out of the oven and are still warm.

Maybe Marelina would have a few suggestions too, I think she does a big cookie exchange every year.

Nicole and Michael~Las Vegas~May 31, 2008
  • Options
    imageladybugg82:

We always make peanut butter cookies with a hershey kiss in the middle. Make sure to put the kiss in the cookie right have the come out of the oven and are still warm.

Maybe Marelina would have a few suggestions too, I think she does a big cookie exchange every year.

We love those! My neighbor that is hosting one-ups those and takes the peanut butter dough and puts it in a mini muffin tin, and then a mini Reese rather than the Kiss. OMG I can't wait :P
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This looks pretty yummy and easy.  And it makes a shiit ton.

Mmmmm...this looks delish.

Here are a bunch of yummy ideas.

These are my go-to sites when I don't have a lot of time to make something great.

ETA - Holy typos.  Sigh.  Fixed.

• Options

1-2-3-4 Peanut Butter Cookies - these are so freaking good. I thought these may be good because they only use 4 ingredients, on the flip side one batch doesn't make a ton of cookies, so you would obviously have to make many, many batches for 14 dozen cookies.

Paula's Loaded Oatmeal Cookies - I made these this past weekend and they are the best oatmeal cookies I've ever had. EVER. One batch made a little more then 2 dozen cookies for me. You can easily omit the icing and they would still be amazing. I also omitted the walnut because I hate walnuts and they taste fine without them.

Good luck!

• Options
    I have no recipe, but OMG 14 DOZEN!!  That is a lot of cookies!
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

imageMmeBP:
    I have no recipe, but OMG 14 DOZEN!!  That is a lot of cookies!
    I know. OMFG! And then I GET that many back from everyone else - those are going strait to work and (hopefully) NOT my thighs.
  • Options
    What about these (sugar cookie bars)? That way you can just cut them into smaller pieces and make more per pan?
  • Options
    Hmmm, think I can pass the oreo truffles off as a "cookie" otherwise these look delish!
  • Options

These meringues look festive and yummy.  Each batch makes 4 1/2 dozen.

• Options
    14dz IS crazy! i do a cookie exchange party every year and only request 2 dz from everyone cause not everyone likes every cookie. i highly recommend cooking light's chai shortbread cookies. they're slice and bake and very different. it's a cookie that stands out and gets lots of compliments every time i make them! GL =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"