Pregnant after 35
Options

Fell down the stairs holding DD (long)

I haven't posted for a few days.  Last Thursday I got ready for work and when my DD woke up I got her out of bed like every other morning and we headed downstairs to the kitchen.  I don't remember exactly what happened, but I slipped on one of the top few stairs and fell.  I remember thinking to myself "land on your butt".  Well that didn't happen and I completely tumbled down the whole flight of stairs holding my DD.  It was so scary.  We landed at the bottom of the stairs and my head (basically the side of my face) slammed into the wood floor.  DH heard us from upstairs and came running.  He saw DD and I lying at the bottom of the stairs w/ blood all over the floor and wall.  I was terrified about what might have happened to DD, me, and #2.  DD had blood on her face and head, but DH quickly realized that it was only me that was bleeding.  I was dizzy and could barely sit up.

Thankfully(?) it seemed that I took the brunt of the fall and DD is fine.  She screamed when we landed at the bottom, but once DH got her calmed down she seemed to check out fine.  I banged my face, knee, and elbow pretty good.  Once I stopped feeling dizzy, I concentrated on the baby and was so happy when I felt him/her move.  I couldn't decide whether I should go to the ER.  I called my OB (a couple of times that day).  She said that I could come in for a fetal heartbeat check, but that if I'd been feeling the baby move, that was confirmation that there was a heart beat.  She also pointed out that at 21 weeks it's not a viable baby and there wouldn't be anything they could do even if something was wrong.  :(  Once the fetus in 24 weeks they can attempt to deliver/save it after an accident.  That was really awful to hear.  At any rate, she told me to just watch for decreased movement or bleeding.  Thankfully I've been feeling the baby move a lot over the last few days.  I am so grateful that none of us was hurt more seriously.  I keep thinking about how lucky we all are.  DD doesn't have a single bump or bruise on her!  My body is still recovering, but I'm feeling better every day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fell down the stairs holding DD (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"