Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Socks on baby's hands

Ive only bought one thing of mittens because I figured socks on the LO's hands would do the trick. Is that really a bad thing? they are basically the same thing to me! flame away. Guess I'll be a bad mommy.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Socks on baby's hands

• We put socks on the girls hands.  They stayed on about .05 seconds before the girls went all Mussolini hands and the socks went flying. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• We never needed to use any type of mittens honestly. I found that trimming his nails while he was eating or sleeping was the best way!
  • Loading the player...
  • I never put anything on DD's hands, but only because she pulls a Houdini on anything we put on her extremities. Hats, socks, mittens, even the HUG tag from the hospital... I think some people get eeked out by it because they think you're putting footwear on your kids hands, but to each his own. Not like your kid is hopping around in puddles or getting confused and walking on their hands...
    ~Renee Mommy to Caden (4)and Ariana (10 months) Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy and her babies, Disney World, April 24, 2011
  • imageReneeDerek04:
    I never put anything on DD's hands, but only because she pulls a Houdini on anything we put on her extremities. Hats, socks, mittens, even the HUG tag from the hospital... I think some people get eeked out by it because they think you're putting footwear on your kids hands, but to each his own. Not like your kid is hopping around in puddles or getting confused and walking on their hands...

Well duh you're suppose to use duct tape!

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • imageKimber314:
    We never needed to use any type of mittens honestly. I found that trimming his nails while he was eating or sleeping was the best way!

This for us too.  Even when his nails get a little long, they are still pretty soft, so he rarely scratches himself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image618mom22boys:

imageReneeDerek04:
    I never put anything on DD's hands, but only because she pulls a Houdini on anything we put on her extremities. Hats, socks, mittens, even the HUG tag from the hospital... I think some people get eeked out by it because they think you're putting footwear on your kids hands, but to each his own. Not like your kid is hopping around in puddles or getting confused and walking on their hands...

Well duh you're suppose to use duct tape!

So THAT'S where I went wrong! I started out with scotch tape, then electrical... Never tried the duct tape, I just upgraded to rubberbands Embarrassed

~Renee Mommy to Caden (4)and Ariana (10 months) Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy and her babies, Disney World, April 24, 2011
  • I've never used anything on the babies hands and we keep the house pretty darn cold since we live in the far south.  I also am not afraid to cut their nails so, I trim all their nails about twice a week.  It takes ten second per kiddo.

I honestly don't care what other people do with their babies hands.  lol-

• Hahaha. The whole socks on hands debate is ridiculous. I haven't used socks (or anything for that matter), but if your babe is scratching his/her face go for it! Not sure why socks on hands are bad. People get all bent out of shape for weird shiit.

• We use mittens sometimes. She claws at her face although it doesn't usually leave a mark. Plus her hands always seem so cold. About a month before she was born we almost used her mittens on my dog because she was scratching under her chin and had a raw spot lol. So would that be flameworthy?? Lol
  • I always use socks for mittens, they seem to stay on better. And for going outside, most of his socks are thicker/warmer than those little cotton mittens.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It did not matter how short I kept Jake's nails for a while...he would just rake his hands across his face.  He constantly was scratching his face up.  I used the onsies with mittens, but he grew out of those, so we moved onto the mittens.  That got us through the phase.  If I had to, I would have used socks....anything to keep him from looking like the birds got to him!
  • I read a very reliable study that said if you put socks instead of mittens on your baby's hands, they will be doomed to repeat the third grade. 96% of sock hand babies in the study did!         

Really......who cares. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I put socks on Lo's hands (as you can see in my siggy).  I trim his nails, but he still scratches me and himself.  I don't see what the big deal is.  I put clean socks on him, and only at bedtime. 
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemocklerja:
    It did not matter how short I kept Jake's nails for a while...he would just rake his hands across his face.  He constantly was scratching his face up.  I used the onsies with mittens, but he grew out of those, so we moved onto the mittens.  That got us through the phase.  If I had to, I would have used socks....anything to keep him from looking like the birds got to him!

This. We keep E's nails pretty short, but those things are still razor sharp. I just want to have some baby pictures of him where he doesn't look like something out of the texas chainsaw massacre. When we run out of mittens, I'll use socks. Does this really cause controversy on the bump? If so, I think I'll go back to my township's thread and read about who vandalized the trash cans at the park.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"