Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Breastfeeding CDers

Any of you dreading the move to solids?  I am going to delay solids for as long as I can just so I don't have to deal with the change in my diaper cleaning routine.  Not to mention, lots of sites don't recommend solids until 6 months anyway.  It just feels like I am the only person on this board who isn't at all interested in starting solids. KWIM?

Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks

Re: Breastfeeding CDers

• Options

I'm right there with ya!  Everyone is bugging me to start rice cereal and I'm not ready yet!!  I'm going to wait until 6 months unless DS has other plans...  At his 4 month appointment my pedi said I could start him now but there's no reason to until 6 months unless he seems like he's not satisfied with BM so I'm going to try to wait it out.

Are you going to use liners?  Or a sprayer?  I need to get ready I guess!

• Options

I'm not interested in solids, either. And I'm dreading the change to the routine, too! I still haven't decided if we're going to try to use flushable liners or not.

Except I'm afraid to use flushable liners since we're moving next month to a house on a septic system.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm pretty excited to start solids..just to do something new.  But like you I have 3 reservations. I want to EBF for as long as possible because:

a) it's easier. Less prep, less clean up

b) it's recommended

c) poops are not going to be fun with CDs! 

I know what to do with poopy CDs, but I'm so spoiled by how I care for them now! My DH doesn't like that I'm using CDs 95% of the time...wait until I have to spray and scrape them!  I've bought biodegrable/flushable liners in anticipation of it...hope they do their job!

Bunny Love: 6 months old already! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting close to 6 months and I'm not looking forward to our new diaper routine just before Christmas!  All well... the day will come inevitably so I may as well embrace the fact that she's growing up.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I haven't decided if we will do liners or a sprayer.  Liners seems to step away from our original goal, of trying to be more "green", but we have a large house and if we did a sprayer, I would probably want one upstairs and one downstairs, and those things are kind of pricey.  I will have to see what my husband wants to do.
    Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • Options
    We started solids at 4 months, and use only CDs at this point. And it really hasn't been that big of a deal. We bought this old like, giant pasta spoon thing, and just use it to scrape poop into the toilet. It seriously takes an extra like, 45 seconds. We keep it in a bucket next to the sink and just carry the diaper to the pail in the bucket. It is no biggie at all. Her poop hasn't suddenly become noxious or anything either. If anything, it's less gross because it's more solid and less liquidy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I was so scared to make the switch and honestly, it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The "Peanut butter" poo phase lasted for a couple of days.  The day I finally went out and bought liners was the last day I delt with it ($10 gone!).  They are now ploppable, and honestly the diapers are a lot "cleaner" than EBF poo.
  • Options
    I am too because we have finally gotten a good CD groove.  I don't know how we are going to handle it.  I might get liners and a sprayer.  Is a sprayer really $50?  That is way more than I expected....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We're not starting solids any time soon (it's just another *thing* to deal with), but I will tell you about my experience with DS#1.  When he started eating solids, he ate so little that his poop stayed much like EBF poop for a LONG time - until close to his 1st b-day, as I recall - so there wasn't any need to change up our laundry routine.  Also, the liners were great BUT they gave DS a terrible, never-ending diaper rash.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"