Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If you had a "growth ultrasound"

2»

Re: If you had a "growth ultrasound"

• Options
    imageplunderb:

I had an ultrasound at 38 weeks that estimated LO at 9 lbs, 14 oz.

I am only 5'2", so my midwife was worried and sent me to a bigger hospital for another ultrasound at 39 weeks. Estimated weight: 9 lbs even.

LO was born via c-section after a 4-day induction at 41 weeks 2 days weighing 9 lbs, 14 oz., 22 inches long. Unless she didn't grow at all in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy, the first ultrasound overestimated her weight, but the second one was probably just about right.

ETA: I was not dilated or effaced when my induction began and LO had not dropped all the way into my pelvis. If you are in a similar situation, the chances of having a c-section after a failed induction are very high. If your doc is comfortable letting you wait at all, I would wait. If LO really is too big to fit, you'll end up with a c-section anyway, so letting your body progress on its own (as long as you and LO are healthy) won't hurt.

I remember the two of us discussing this topic in the beginning of September like it was yesterday! So glad everything turned out okay for our not-so-little ones! xxx

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageYules:

I remember the two of us discussing this topic in the beginning of September like it was yesterday! So glad everything turned out okay for our not-so-little ones! xxx

Me too! I hope things are going better for you now. We're doing better every day, but I'm not sure I'll ever be ready to do it again for #2.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageplunderb:
    imageYules:

Me too! I hope things are going better for you now. We're doing better every day, but I'm not sure I'll ever be ready to do it again for #2.

Oh we're totally done! We're good with just one. I'm doing better, but still going to see a therapist for PPD in a week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagehermione76:
    imageAnanke:

Ultrasound on the Monday before I delivered said he was 6 lb 5 oz, he was born on the next Sunday and weighed 6 lb 11 oz, so it would have been right on for the time frame.

But, like so many others have said, they can be off by a pound or more.  My DH was almost 11 lbs when he was born, and MIL delivered him all natural - she said he was her biggest baby, but also her easiest to deliver, so big babies aren't always the worst!  I had just assumed that DS would be big like his daddy, but I guess I got lucky.  Even so, I always thought, I have something massive coming out of a hole that's pretty small - it's going to hurt regardless; would I really notice a difference of a couple pounds? 

Good point. I think I am the most worried because I have made zero progress. My doctor seems to think it is going to stay that way. Here's to hoping he starts moving down a little bit before the 25th. 

Don't worry about no progress  You could go from totally closed up to 10cm very quickly.  I was 1 cm for weeks, then 1 day after my last check that showed no new progress, I went into labor. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"