1st Trimester
Options

earliest you can feel baby move?

Hi. I am pregnant with #2. I am 11 weeks. Is it possible to feel baby move? I fekt a flutter a few times.

Re: earliest you can feel baby move?

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing cause I could swear I'm feeing what I could only imagine is little flutters occasionally but it could def be gas.
  • Options
    11 weeks the baby is still so small you shouldn't be able to feel it yet, but I remember with DD I swear I felt stuff early too probably was just gas.  I saw how much she moved though when we had ultrasound at 13 weeks its amazing you don't feel all that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it is usually around 16-18 weeks or so. :)
  • Options
    My doctor said that by 11 weeks you can feel the baby move! That is really exciting!!
  • Options
    With my first baby I felt her move around 13 weeks or 14 weeks. Now a friend of mine swears she started feeling her first baby at 11 weeks. She said it was just the little flutters and it was all the time. Her baby moved 24/7 so I am not sure if she really did but I guess its possible.
    Also I went to the Dr. because were not sure how far along I am. I told them how I thought I had a miscarried in Sept and then in Oct I missed my period so I wasn't sure how far along I was for sure well they asked me if I had felt the baby yet because they said with it being my second I could feel it as early as 11 weeks.
  • Options
    I know everyone says gas, but I felt DD for the first time at 11 weeks. That was NOT gas. It was like a bubble popping sometimes and like a butterfly flutter at other times.
  • Options

imageothello888:
    I know everyone says gas, but I felt DD for the first time at 11 weeks. That was NOT gas. It was like a bubble popping sometimes and like a butterfly flutter at other times.

My dr said its the uterus expanding and moving up she mentioned it not me asking so i believe her.

• Options
    I felt baby move at 14 weeks.  I was in bed and laying real still.  I know it wasn't gas.  I believe that you could feel it at 11 weeks.  I don't think it's very common though.
  • Options
    imagelrachelle80:

imageothello888:

I felt that too, exactly like that. Mine was gas. 

LOL.  I feel bubbles too, right now.  Oh wait, it was gas.

• Options
    I felt DS move at 16 weeks and I know my dr said with #2 you can feel them a lot earlier because you know what to look for and what it feels like.
  • Options
    I def felt the baby move around last night while I was laying down. It felt like a side to side movement..I can't really explain it but it felt like a bubble that was moving from side to side (not like gas) It was in the area where baby is.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well, like I said people will say gas. My dr confirmed that in skinny women, you can feel the baby earlier. esp at that point being the size of a lime. With DD I was 105 pounds in my first tri. The same feeling I had at 11-12 weeks carried into  13 14 15 etc until it  became kicks. Once I had baby, I have had gas, and it never felt like what I felt during the pregnancy. Now I'm 115 pounds, so I'm curios when I will feel this one.
  • Options

imageothello888:
    Well, like I said people will say gas. My dr confirmed that in skinny women, you can feel the baby earlier. esp at that point being the size of a lime. With DD I was 105 pounds in my first tri. The same feeling I had at 11-12 weeks carried into  13 14 15 etc until it  became kicks. Once I had baby, I have had gas, and it never felt like what I felt during the pregnancy. Now I'm 115 pounds, so I'm curios when I will feel this one.

Are you calling me fat?

• Options

I felt DS at 15wks in my 1st pg...I'm getting excited about feeling that first movement again! Who knows if you can feel it at 11wks except you? And I would say if you have had a previous pg you would be able to tell if it's baby or gas since you've been there done that.

• Options
    I felt my baby at 14 weeks, and it was mt first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"