2nd Trimester

Do you really magically feel better after 12 weeks?

Hi, kids.  I'm lurking from 1st tri and wondering if you really start to feel normal again after the 3 month mark.  I feel like crap all day, every day, all night, every night.  I'm exhausted all the time, but can't sleep, I'm starving and nauseous all the time.  Complain, complain, etc......  Please tell me your experiences coming out of 1st tri.
May, 2010, DH DX: Low Testosterone
July, 2010, DH SA: 3% morph
July, 2010, DH Rx: 50 mg Clomid EOD
BFP: 9/3/10 ~ M/C: 9/7/10
BFP: 10/9/10 ~ My beautiful Grace Dorothy was born on 6/14/11
Beta #1 (12 DPO): 111/24 ~ Beta #2 (16 DPO): 722/23 ~ Beta #3 (20 DPO): 3,338/15.3
BFP: 11/14/11 ~ Spotting/Betas not doubling, but HB of 113 bpm @ 6 wks 1 day!
My Chart
BabyFruit Ticker
DH's Low Testosterone/ED Blog

Re: Do you really magically feel better after 12 weeks?

• No.

Sorry. I felt like ass and was puking up to 22 weeks. The puking has stopped but it feels like someone has kicked me in the box with a steel toed boot. But everyone is different, so who knows you may wake up one day and feel great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No. Everyone is different. I felt nauseous until 16wks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first child, yes. I felt great as soon as I hit 12 weeks. With this pregnancy, I didn't start feeling better until 14 or 15 weeks. My m/s was MUCH worse this time around, and I had to go on anti-nausea meds. I threw up a lot, whereas the first time around, I mainly only got nauseated and rarely threw up.

Also, the first time around I had a boy, and now I'm having a girl. Could be the old wives tale coming true, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hang in there. It wasn't as easy as turning off the proverbial nausea and fatigue "light switch" as it feels like for many, but after week 12, it did gradually all subside. By week 14, most symptoms were gone.

All that to say that I'm still in bed at 10 pm on most nights, but I no longer have that extreme fatigue and nausea, food aversions and overall hangover feeling I had in first tri.

That's now been replaced with round ligament pain and back aches and pains. Wink

It does get better for most women, though.

TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• I had a pretty easy 1st tri.  I was only sick from weeks 7-10. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i felt AWFUL from 4-9 weeks.  and since then, i have felt, overall, not that bad.  i definately do not have any more nausea and m/s.  i am just ridiculously tired all.the.time.

• Just like everything else, it's different for everyone. I think it was mid week 13 or 14 when I realized that my 1st tri symptoms were gone, but that's not the case for all people.

Hope you feel better soon.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Nope!  I still keep my phenergan bottle handy at all times!  But, I haven't vomited in a week :)  So there is progress!  Feel better soon!
  • Hahaha,  Oh, thanks kids.  JUST what I wanted to hear.  lol.  Le sigh.  Seriously, it's so hard to keep pregnancy a secret in the beginning, methinks, with all this feeling hungover all day.  My co-workers must suspect.  I sit there with my eyes rolling in my head all day, eyes and mouth watering, miserable puss on my face, and I'm usually the spunky, happy, joking, annoying office chick. 

Well, I certainly hope we're all feeling right as rain ASAP.  Thanks for your responses.  =)

May, 2010, DH DX: Low Testosterone
    July, 2010, DH SA: 3% morph
    July, 2010, DH Rx: 50 mg Clomid EOD
    BFP: 9/3/10 ~ M/C: 9/7/10
    BFP: 10/9/10 ~ My beautiful Grace Dorothy was born on 6/14/11
    Beta #1 (12 DPO): 111/24 ~ Beta #2 (16 DPO): 722/23 ~ Beta #3 (20 DPO): 3,338/15.3
    BFP: 11/14/11 ~ Spotting/Betas not doubling, but HB of 113 bpm @ 6 wks 1 day!
    My Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DH's Low Testosterone/ED Blog
  • no, although i have not gotten sick in 3 days, 2nd tri did make the all day nausea go away as i was forcing food down my throat all day cause i was also hungry.  I am still hungry, but not putting as much down but still having to eat every couple hours.  you get use to it, but i'm getting out of the house now, going to see movies, making appearances in public which is something i did not do for 3 months
  • yes..... I am not saying that I do not get the once random days of feeling sick.. but yes. I have more energy and do not feel hungover.. there was a time I forgot I was preggo... Now the bump makes me not forget..
  • I started noticing things slowly tapering off around 10-11 weeks and by 12-13 weeks I was feeling so much better. Most of my food aversions went away and I stopped feeling sick all the time. I think it took a couple more weeks to get more energy. Hope second tri brings you some relief!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope. Sorry. Unless you are lucky:)
  • Nope.
  • LOL no!  Your body has no concept of time :)  With DS I felt a marked difference at about 16 weeks, and this time I had no m/s at all, but my heartburn disappeared at exactly 13 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I started feeling like myself again around 15 weeks.  I started feeling REALLY good around 20 weeks.  I still get tired, but feeling sick is rare, and my energy level is pretty high.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • No mine kind of tapered off around 18-19 weeks. It didn't stop all at once though, that's for sure. It just slowly got better every week.
  • I did but it wasn't after 12 weeks. I think mine was about 16 weeks. I only had a few weeks of having energy though because now I am back to being exhausted. I never had m/s though so I can't comment on that one but by no means is 2nd trimester magic.
  • Mine finally tapered off in week 21. Up until then I was puking nearly daily still. It's been a week since I have thrown up or needed Zofran. Prior to that I was taking 8mg Zofran at least twice daily.
  • I started feeling better at weeks 11 and 12 and then week 13 was one of the worst yet. Damn it.
  • Weeks 10-12 were the worst for me. I'm at almost (15) now and it's getting much better. I still have to take Zofran once a day, but in the past (2) weeks I've actually been out of the house for normal activities other than work. Obviously as it's been stated, it is different for everyone. But hopefully you will feel some relief around week (13) or so. Hang in there!
  • It really depends.  I'm 17 weeks and still getting sick pretty much every day.  I've been on meds since I was 5.5 weeks pg. 

With DS, I was sick the entire time.  I was puking the day of my induction at 37 weeks.  It was awful.  But here I am again, doing it all over.  :)

• No,   week 12 and 13 were worse for me.  I'm starting to feel better this week although I'm still exhausted and I got sick on Thursday.
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • With DS, I started feeling better around 13-14 weeks.

With this pregnancy, I felt better by 11-12 weeks.

• The only thing that got better for me was the puking. I am still tired all of the time. I did throw up again yesterday because I now have a cold and can't take any of the good medicine to make it go away. Good luck to you though! Every woman is different.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• No. Ick! I still puke at random every day...
  • With my first pregnancy, I started feeling better between 13-14 weeks.

With this one, it lasted until 16 weeks. Blah. But... haven't thrown up since!! It did go away, and now it feels like a distant memory even though it felt like it would never end. Hang in there...

• Not magically, but I did slowly start feeling better around 13-14 weeks, and except for still needing to go to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm every night in order to be ok the next day, my usual energy has returned and I've felt great now for at least 10 weeks or so.  It helps to exercise.  I know that's probably the last thing you feel like doing right now, but getting up and moving around really helped me feel better.  2nd trimester has been great.  I really hated being pregnant in the 1st trimester, but this one has been wonderful.  You feel better, you get to start feeling your baby move, you get to find out what you're having, and you get a belly :)  It has been fun.  I hope you have a good experience in your 2nd trimester like I did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'll throw a slightly more positive story in, too.  I didn't feel THAT bad, but I definitely started to feel better around week 12 or 13.  Like the other posters said, though, it was gradual.  It took a couple of weeks for my nausea to go away.

Good luck!  I hope you feel better soon. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • With DS I was exhausted, nauseous and miserable during the 1st trimester with horrendous back pain. At week 13, it was like a switch went off. I felt like a completely new person. Could get through the day without a nap. Was up past 9pm. It truly was a new day starting at 13 weeks. Hoping for the same this time around.
  • I am just now 12 weeks.  I was REALLY sick for the past 6 weeks.  Even had to go to the hospital due to dehydration and malnutrition.  I was throwing up 6 or 7 times a day.  Couldn't even keep water or crackers down.  Luckily, I am feeling much better now.  Last week, I felt a little better.  This week even better than that.  It wasn't over night, but more of a gradual change.  It just depends on how long it takes for your hormones to balance out after the placenta takes over producing the hormones.  For a lot of women that happens in the 12th week or so.  When you have been sick for so long, it feels like it will never end!  But hang in there, because you will probably feel much better soon.  Good luck :)
  • I started to feel better at about 14-15 weeks, as far an the nausea and puking. But I still feel like crap day in and day out.
  • LOL. 14-17 weeks were the worst weeks for both of my pregnancies (all day sickness). Not including how uncomfortable my last few weeks were with swelling, zero room for food and no sleep plus just general discomfort 24/7.

Good Luck

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No my nausea got worse.
    Mom to Zi born 8.30.07 and Zo born 8.12.09 and Zaid born 5.07.11
  • Weeks 15-18 were the worst for me.  I've had a few good days in a row now that I'm almost to 19 weeks!!
  • Gonna be 14 weeks in a few days and still fell nauseous! Still taking zofran as needed too. Usually once a day at bedtime.
  • By week 16 I was a whole new person with both pregnancies.
  • It varies from person to person.  I think I started feeling better around 13-14 weeks.  I stopped feeling so tired all the time around the same timeframe.

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• still sick, still tired Sleep
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"