Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Question from the gals with 2 month-olds

What are the biggest changes you have noticed between 2 and 3 months?  Sleep, interaction, eating, playing, etc. 

And:  anyone have a lap only napper that started napping off of your lap?  How?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question from the gals with 2 month-olds

• Options

For me the change came at 4mos.  DS started sucking his thumb, so he could self sooth, he finally started sleeping in his crib (previously, he slept mostly in his swing,) and he started sleeping for longer periods of time.  At 5mos DS started taking naps w/o nursing before hand. 

Enjoy those snuggle sessions now  :)  I miss those days! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    The biggest change that I have noticed is LO's interaction and play. He holds toys and batts at toys more now. A couple weeks ago, he was watching our two dogs playing and laughed at them. That was the 1st time he's laughed just by seeing something and me not actually having to physically provoke him to laugh. His sleep schedule has pretty much stayed the same except he goes to bed earlier and earlier. But he conineus to wake once in the night to eat. He's eating more in a sitting but not eating as often. HTH
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our big change happened at 2.5 months.  She went from only sleeping on me to sleeping in her pack'n'play (and then sleeping in her crib by 3 months).  Also at that time she went from being very fussy (with many crying fits) where we were unable to take her anywhere to very pleasant and, as time has gone on, just a really great and happy baby. And she finally decided to start taking a pacifier just before 3 months... finally!

• Options

StevieJo:

How did you get her to go into the PNP?  Just keep trying or special technique?

Thanks,

• Options
    imagelilpreggo:

StevieJo:

How did you get her to go into the PNP?  Just keep trying or special technique?

Thanks,

I would absolutely love to be able to tell you some special trick.  But I just tried one day and she cried for 6 minutes then fell asleep.  So yeah I'd say just keep trying.  But just as an fyi, I do swaddle her (with one or both arms out).

The thing to remember is that it does get better. That's what I had to keep telling myself.  It was so frustrating because I always said if I knew when she'd get better I could endure the hardship. It's the not knowing that drives you nuts. 

• Options
    DS became way easier to entertain and way more interactive.  Using his hands made our night time feedings easier b/c he could get himself from half asleep to fully asleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"