Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Where did you get your ideas for homemade happy birthday banner?

I know this is a popular question, but if you don't mind, could you share where you got your instructions and/or ideas for your birthday banner? I want to make DD's, but I can't find a site that walks me through it step-by-step. And I do mean step-by-step. I am craft-challenged!

Or, if you didn't use a site, can you just tell me how you did yours? Pictures are welcome too! Thanks Big Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Where did you get your ideas for homemade happy birthday banner?

• I have an idea of what I want, but I haven't really nailed down the details yet so I'm probably of no help to you.  I went thru all of our photos of Urijah last night and picked one for each month.  I'd like to some how have said pictures displayed on a banner that reads HAPPY BIRTHDAY, but I don't know how I'm going to do that w/o it looking like a huge mess.
    (c) Holly Aprecio Photography - Oct 2011

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bought my birthday banner, but I did make a photo banner I saw like this.  Its pretty easy to figure out how to make it by looking at it.  I got a lot of compliments on mine.  This is the one I saw on the blog that I copied the style of.

• Loading the player...
  • imageanukindaluv:
    I have an idea of what I want, but I haven't really nailed down the details yet so I'm probably of no help to you.  I went thru all of our photos of Urijah last night and picked one for each month.  I'd like to some how have said pictures displayed on a banner that reads HAPPY BIRTHDAY, but I don't know how I'm going to do that w/o it looking like a huge mess.

haha! That's my problem, too :)

• imageTeamRey:

I bought my birthday banner, but I did make a photo banner I saw like this.  Its pretty easy to figure out how to make it by looking at it.  I got a lot of compliments on mine.  This is the one I saw on the blog that I copied the style of.

That is cute! It does look pretty simple too.

• Im at work so I dont have any pictures, but I can post them later

I got my ideas from etsy.com

basically I picked the colors of the theme of the party.

blue green and brown

I made a 5.5 square and a 4.5 aquare.

one in blue and one in green.. I actually got 3 inch stencils from acmoore and traced them on brown scrap book paper and cut them out.

I got the fancy edge sisscors and made the edge of the squares fancy and glued them all together. put the letters on top. Once they were all done I punch holes in the edges and tied them together with brown and blue ribbon.

It was actually verrrryyyy easy. Just time consumming!

here is an example from etsy: from tweetmemoriesimage

• Here's a pic of mine.  It was super easy!!

I created a "fancy collage" in picnik.com (I used one of the 8x10 frames from the "back to school" collection).  I uploaded each pic and then had them printed at a local photo place.  I hole punched each corner and tied them all together with pieces of ribbon then tacked them up.  

Here's a close up of what the individual pics looked like:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks guys! All of these look great. When I do a project, I just need someone to show me how easy it actually is!
  • I don't know if you want a photo banner or "happy birthday" banner.. this is the one I made and it was pretty easy.

I printed the letters off of this website onto scrapbook paper that was cut down to size to fit into the printer. They cut the letters out and glued them onto construction paper, and then cut those out leaving tabs on the side to connect with brads. And then.. we bought some laminating paper from Wal Mart that was $10 for 10 sheets and cut that out and strung them together! Lots of cutting but I'm proud of it! This is a picture before it was laminated. Hope this helps :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"