Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby dedication question--

What did your LO wear/what will they wear? LO's is next weekend and I don't know if I should deck him out or keep it simple.

Suggestions?

Oh and did anyone have a family get-together/party after? I want to make this special but I tend to over do things!

Re: Baby dedication question--

• Options
    Ours is in a couple of months, but I will probably dress LO up in a cute outfit with slacks and a little sweater vest. How many occasions do we really have to dress them up? And yes, we will be doing a family gathering at home with food afterwards, and I am sure I will wind up catering it.
    image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's was a big deal to my church family of course, but not to my own.  DH doesn't attend and the rest of our family is far away and of another Christian denomination.  I just put LO in a mostly white sleeper.  It wasn't fancy.  Then we had a baby shower and snacks after service. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    P.S. Levi is getting to be a name seen much more lately!!  LO's middle name is Levi, after his grandpa and uncle. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options

imageMrsBalletStar05:
    P.S. Levi is getting to be a name seen much more lately!!  LO's middle name is Levi, after his grandpa and uncle. 

Yes thats because its an AWESOME name! LO #2 (whenever that happens, and if its a boy) is Porter--family name--and I'm suddenly seeing that name everywhere! Crazy

*Anyway thanks, I wondered what people normally do. I'm a pastor's kid but I guess I never paid attention to what my dad does!

• Options

We did a little suit just because it was adorable.

• Options
    What exactly is a baby dedication?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH's great aunt is making my wedding dress into a baptism outfit for our DS.  After the baptism, we rented a room at the church and will have a lunch with our family.  Nothing too fancy, probably just some sandwiches, fruits, veggies, chips and a cake or something.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BFP 7/25/09, M/C 8/21/09; BFP #2 10/13/09, Derek Joseph born 06/30/10; BFP #3 7/21/12, Andrew Chase born 12/27/10 at 26 weeks 4 days
  • Options
    He wore a sweater material romper outfit.  It may be hard to see it but he is wearing it in siggy.  We then just had some people over for lunch afterwards. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageladyduke:
    What exactly is a baby dedication?

Some religions do dedicate babies rather than baptizing them, because they practice adult baptism only.

Here's what others have posted about clothes.  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/45215530.aspx

I served lunch in our church basement following the service, but our church is small and we do baptisms as part of the normal Sunday service.  I made sandwiches, oven baked cheesy hashbrowns, jell-o, and cupcakes.  It was really fun!  Also, DH was baptized with DS, because he was dedicated as a baby and was never baptized.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I picked out this outfit from Hanna Andersson for his baby dedication on December 5th.

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    aha! I remember from church when I was younger, just wasn't ringing a bell. I actually wanted to take LO to church for the first time this Sunday.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Best picture I have (I got really sick afterward, so didn't get any other pics :(
    We go to a really casual church, so I didn't want anything too dressy.

We went out to lunch after, but just like pp, it's not a big deal in our family, we're the only Christians, so they don't understand the significance. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"