Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Babies who sleep in PnPs

I'm embarrassed to admit this but I never bothered to check on the weight limit for the bassinet feature (not the newborn napper - so that the entire pnp is raised).  I just figured it was 20 or 25lbs and we'd move it when he starrted sitting up.  I mentioned this a fellow mom and she was surprised as the weight limit is 15lbs!  I couldn't believe I didn't read the manual carefully enough - and sure enough, the weight limit for the graco ones is 15lbs.

I wasn't ready to move ds to his own room yet but the pnp on its low setting is too far for me to lay ds gently down when he's sleeping.  So we're moving him tonight (all 16lbs of him).   Crying">image

ETA: Forgot to say that the moral of my story is to check the weight limits on your PnPs for your LOs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Babies who sleep in PnPs

• Options
    Really?  I thought it was 20 too.  He only sleeps in it when we travel....and I don't think he's hit the 15 pound mark yet but he's probably getting close
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Options
    Only 15 lbs?? Hmmm it seems safe though! I might have to make an adjustment soon too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Some Bumpies on 6 - 9 were talking about this earlier this week (or last week - can't remember), and there was some discussion of putting a large pillow or thick blankets underneath the bassinet for support. 

We moved DD to her crib in her room when she hit 15 lbs.  It wasn't a horrible transition.  I put her in there while wide awake so she could get used to being in there, then would put her in there for naps.  It took less than a week to successfully move her.  Good luck!

• Options
    imagePocky873:

Some Bumpies on 6 - 9 were talking about this earlier this week (or last week - can't remember), and there was some discussion of putting a large pillow or thick blankets underneath the bassinet for support. 

We moved DD to her crib in her room when she hit 15 lbs.  It wasn't a horrible transition.  I put her in there while wide awake so she could get used to being in there, then would put her in there for naps.  It took less than a week to successfully move her.  Good luck!

I don't think that would work on mine.  The bed is basically hung on the sides of the PnP and even though it seems strong, I'd rather not push the limit.  Here is a picture:

• Options

I was under the impression that the bassinet feature has a weight limit of 15lbs, but the raised "floor" of the PnP is more like 20-25lbs. My interpretation of "bassinet" is this:

bassinet

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagewillnpam:

I was under the impression that the bassinet feature has a weight limit of 15lbs, but the raised "floor" of the PnP is more like 20-25lbs. My interpretation of "bassinet" is this:

bassinet

No, the circled part is a newborn napper and the raised portion underneath is the bassinet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    imageteamsweet:
    imagePocky873:

I don't think that would work on mine.  The bed is basically hung on the sides of the PnP and even though it seems strong, I'd rather not push the limit.  Here is a picture:

I think it might work (I've never tried it, so I can't say for sure) if you unhooked the bassinet, put the pillow or blanket down on the "floor" of the PnP, then rehooked the bassinet on top.  Starfish113 is the Bumpie who was involved in this discussion, so if you're interested in what she did, try paging her on 6 - 9. 

• Options

I think the part circled in the picture above is typically called a "newborn napper" or something like that.  The "bassinett" is the raised floor and has a weight limit of 15 lbs.  At least, this is the case with our PnP.  I did notice that the bassinett seemed to start to sag a bit in the middle when DS hit 15 lbs, which is one of the reasons we decided to pay attention to the instructions. =)  He still sleeps in it, but is on the bottom now. I was also worried about putting him down in it, so I practiced a couple of times while he was awake.  It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be.  We did get a Graco brand mattress cover that I think makes it a little more comfortable, as it seemed more uncomfortable on the bottom.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had to move DS at 4 months due to his weight too.  The transition was really easy for him but not as easy for me.  It was much easier for BF and I missed having him close by.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    We knew the weight limit was 15lbs, but we didn't realize how fast he went from 14.5 lbs to 16 lbs. He was more like 17 lbs before we lowered the mattress to the bottom. It's easier than you think to lay a baby gently onto the bottom level. If his room wasn't on a different level of the house, we'd have moved him to his crib by now. He still has an hour of time during most nights where he has to be held to stay asleep, so we don't want to be going up and down the stairs all night. We're planning on transitioning him to the crib over my Christmas break (I teach) so that way I won't be expected to be at work early if I don't get much sleep.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think it might work (I've never tried it, so I can't say for sure) if you unhooked the bassinet, put the pillow or blanket down on the "floor" of the PnP, then rehooked the bassinet on top.  Starfish113 is the Bumpie who was involved in this discussion, so if you're interested in what she did, try paging her on 6 - 9. 

I see what you mean - thanks for the tip.  I've been meaning to move the crib anyway, but if things go poorly, it's nice to know I have options.

• Options
    I hope it goes well for you!!  we are nearing the weight limit of our RNP and I am totally dreading the transition as well!!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"