Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Teething affecting sleep

DD1 has been teething for a couple weeks, but the past 3 or 4 days have been really bad.  It looks like her eye tooth might be coming in, but has not broken through.  She also just started rolling over almost 2 weeks ago and always wants to sleep on her side or belly, but cannot roll back.  This was not an issue until the teething got bad now she is constantly waking both at night and during naps either to be rolled back or soothed because of her teething.  I have to rock her and even hold her during her naps - this is very difficult with twins - and was not something I ever had to do before.

Any suggestions, I give her orajel 4x day and asprin every 4hrs, wet rags to suck on, nothing helps too much though!  I'm hoping the tooth comes through soon, I've been having to separate my DDs to sleep.  I go back to work in a few weeks and am already concerned about making the transition as easy as possible for our family.  TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Teething affecting sleep

• Options
    You should NEVER give a baby aspirin! Call your pedi for advice on pain relief at this age. He or she will probably say to give acetaminophen (Tylenol) but you need to know the right dose for your baby's weight.
  • Options
    it's baby asprin (aka generic Tylenol) and my pedi is the one who TOLD me to give it to our DDs for teething.  I would never give my children anything without consulting my pedi, I am just looking for support or suggestions from other parents who may have gone through something similar!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aspirin is not Tylenol! Aspirin is aspirin. Generic Tylenol is acetaminophen. Therefore, for this and a variety of other reasons, aspirin is not Tylenol and Tylenol is not aspirin.

• Options

As much as I appreciate your lesson on over the counter perscription drugs, as I said I was looking for suggestions help ease my daugher's pain and help both my girls get more sleep, which you don't seem to have. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"