April 2011 Moms
Options

Fashion Friday-A Day Early

Hey fellow mamas!

Like I said, this has to be a day early since I won't be on here tomorrow and I don't want to skip just yet...This is a fun easy topic that everyone can participate in.

**If you have suggestions or ideas for next week please PM me :)

Topic: Which celebrity (past or present) do you admire for her maternity clothes? I know we don't live on a celebrity budget, but if you did, whose style would you mimic? This topic is just a fun one and plus, it could inspire us to make some of our maternity clothes look like theirs (by accessorizing, finding certain tops/bottoms). Be sure to include a picture in your post so we can all see who you want to dress like (or maybe you already do!)

Re: Fashion Friday-A Day Early

• Options

I choose Heidi Klum. First, she always looks so happy while she's pregnant. She totally embraces her changing body and shows it off. I like that she always looked classy and I've been drawn to dressier styles. I try to dress in dressier clothes, especially while pregnant, because they make me feel prettier lol...Anyways, here are two of her dressier looks that are sooo pretty!!

• Options
    imageMrsMoss:

I choose Heidi Klum. First, she always looks so happy while she's pregnant. She totally embraces her changing body and shows it off. I like that she always looked classy and I've been drawn to dressier styles.

Yes  Plus I love that she & Seal seem to be really committed to their marriage & their family.

Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestephnicole10:

I like Ellen Pompeo's maternity style.  She always seemed so comfortable and confident while pregnant.  I have no motivation most days to make myself look nice, but I love how she looks.  I need to look to her for inspiration.

She did always look great!!

• Options

My pick is Jessica Alba as well. Never over the top, always looks comfortable but great!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageGenaBoBenaWife:
    imageMrsMoss:

I choose Heidi Klum. First, she always looks so happy while she's pregnant. She totally embraces her changing body and shows it off. I like that she always looked classy and I've been drawn to dressier styles.

Yes  Plus I love that she & Seal seem to be really committed to their marriage & their family.

Agreed. I love it when it's obvious that people are so committed to make things work!

• Options

Nicole Richie! I love her laid back, simple style, as well as when she's doing her whole boho thing.

I always wanted to be pregnant over the Summer so I could wear the loose flowy dresses and tops, but I am glad I'm not going to be sweaty and huge through the hot months!

Most of these looks are warm-weather looks, since all celebs live in California, the land of perfect weather. So I'll just adjust them for our normal-people temperatures Smile

Alessandra Ambrosia. This top would be cute with leggings and boots.

Naomi Watts. I love fitted, soft tops with maternity jeans.

Naomi again, about 4 months pregnant, which is where most of us are. The look on the left would be cute with leggings, and the one on the right with white pants and a cardigan.

A whole mess of pregnant Mamas.

Kate Hudson. Okay she's not pregnant in these, I was just excited to find a more Fall look. I love the last photo! I want to get a wider belt to wear over the bump so it cuts off at the thinnest point and accentuates it. 

Heidi Klum. She always looks great but I love her dressed down like this. I am loving longer fitted tshirts, flats, and cute jeans right now.

• Options

imageMamabirdtoBe:

Nicole Richie! I love her laid back, simple style, as well as when she's doing her whole boho thing.

Naomi Watts. I love fitted, soft tops with maternity jeans.

Kate Hudson. Okay she's not pregnant in these, I was just excited to find a more Fall look. I love the last photo! I want to get a wider belt to wear over the bump so it cuts off at the thinnest point and accentuates it. 

Agreed--I've always loved seeing her pregnant style. But like you said, with most of my pregnant months being spent in the winter, I doubt that style would work out for me!

Fitted tops are so much fun while pregnant. I love that it's the one time you can wear a fitted top and not worry too much about sucking in :)

Kate Hudson-Okay, I'm totally in love with the sweater and belt! **Adding wide belts to shopping list**

• Options

Oh I completely agree on Ellen Pompeo!

Shoot, now I want to go shopping.

• Options
    I loved most of the stuff Bethenny Frankel wore....
  • Options
    imagekarbarr:

My pick is Jessica Alba as well. Never over the top, always looks comfortable but great!

I don't really follow celebrity fashion to much, so of course that would include their maternity fashion as well, lol.

I do really like how Ellen Pompeo dressed during her pregnancy from the pictures posted. Cute, comfy, and looks that look easy to try to mimic.

And after googling Jessica Alba's pregnancy looks.. It seems like some of the things she wears I would too.. Like this blue shirt for example.. I have one on TODAY that looks very similar to it.

• Options

imageimageimage

I chose Jennifer Garner, because she's stinkin' cute and I've loved her since the Alias days. :) Her pg style is really laid-back and comfy, but she uses patterns and texture for visual interest. This appeals to me, particularly the patterns b/c I wear solids a LOT and I need to branch out.

I love the leggings and sweater dress outfit at the top, that's me on the weekends for any kind of event. And the drapey sweater vest in the bottom photo- I have one just like it in gray! Also, I like the middle one b/c it's seasonally appropriate for when we're all pg, and that little sweater thingy is cute!!

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Options
    imageMrsRoy07:

I chose Jennifer Garner, because she's stinkin' cute and I've loved her since the Alias days. :) Her pg style is really laid-back and comfy, but she uses patterns and texture for visual interest. This appeals to me, particularly the patterns b/c I wear solids a LOT and I need to branch out.

I love the leggings and sweater dress outfit at the top, that's me on the weekends for any kind of event. And the drapey sweater vest in the bottom photo- I have one just like it in gray! Also, I like the middle one b/c it's seasonally appropriate for when we're all pg, and that little sweater thingy is cute!!

Oh I agree!! I think she always looks adorable. I love that sweater dress she's wearing in the top picture. Totally perfect for fall!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"