Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sterlizing water for bottles?

Anyone still doing this?    Our guidelines from the Public Health nurse was to boil water until 4 months old.  He's 3 and half months and chewing on toys.    Do you think that it's really necessary to be boiling the water still?    We have a reverse osmosis water system that all our water goes through, if that makes a difference.

Re: Sterlizing water for bottles?

• Options

Good question. We still boil DD's water, then keep it out in a pitcher at room temperature.

• Options
    I wouldn't.  I still use bottled BRU water when I use powder or the concentrate, but I have a ton of it and I'm just going to use it until I run out of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have never boiled water.  i  use the filtered water from the fridge at room temp.  I heat bottles up by letting them soak in a cup of water.

I also never sterilize bottles.  

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imagemkanderson85:
    I wouldn't.  I still use bottled BRU water when I use powder or the concentrate, but I have a ton of it and I'm just going to use it until I run out of it.

This.

• Options
    I was boiling water but I was using the bottle water. I stopped about 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    imageabartow:

I have never boiled water.  i  use the filtered water from the fridge at room temp.  I heat bottles up by letting them soak in a cup of water.

I also never sterilize bottles.  

This. Minus the heating up part. He takes it at room temp, so our water filter is on the counter.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've never boiled water or used any other water but faucet water (except for a few occasions where we were away and used bottled water) for either of my kids.  I'm sure your DC will survive if you stop boiling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just use bottled water. I never boil. I don't sterilize either. I am suprised they haven't got sick because they are constantly touching everything and putting their grubby hands in their mouth!
  • Options
    I used to sterilize the bottles for the first month, but since then i've just used the dishwasher. And i used to boil water for bottles but just recently stoped doing this and started using bottled water & britta filtered water.  where In Canada are you? We have some of the best water in BC, my sister used to use tap water.
  • Options
    I plan to stop as soon as I remember to buy a new Brita, ours is messed up.?
  • Options

imageTassie'sfirst:
    I used to sterilize the bottles for the first month, but since then i've just used the dishwasher. And i used to boil water for bottles but just recently stoped doing this and started using bottled water & britta filtered water.  where In Canada are you? We have some of the best water in BC, my sister used to use tap water.

Saskatchewan!    We live on a farm and use well water, but it all goes through an RO system and we drink it from the tap.

• Options
    I've never boiled water.  I asked our pedi about it when I switched DD1 from BM to formula.  She said the only reason to boil the water is if it's from a well, which we didn't have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"