Multiples
Options

Twin Registries

Im new to this site but so far I've been amazed with all the love, support and great information I've found on here.  We go tomorrow for our anatomy 18week scan - Being first time parents, with twins no less we are at a bit of a loss for registry items....

Those of you with twins could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me a heads up on what we will should definately register for...and some items that we could live without..

Do we need to register for 2 of EVERYTHING?? Please help!

Thanks -

~Much love & luck~ The Miles'

Re: Twin Registries

• Options

I haven't registered yet so am curious to see what the other ladies recommend. Someone did mention to register for a single stroller as well as a double stroller in case you want to take one baby somewhere you dont have to lug around the double.

You don't have to register for two of EVERYTHING, but the obvious like 2 car seats. We will get 2 cribs, a single & double stroller, 2 bouncy seats, and then just extra everything else (diapers, clothes, etc)

Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have been putting together a twin registry as well.  I did a ton of research and am getting the Baby Jogger City Select stroller with the second seat attachment.  It eliminates the need for 3 diferent strollers (a double, a snap and go, and a single).  Other than that, we would love to hear what others have to say about registries.
    U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

The Multiples Manual...

I based my list off of this book.  I just had my shower and I got a lot of duplicates. (I guess people didnt want to buy off the registry)  Make sure YOU dont buy anything before your shower.  Save your money until after then you can do one final shop. I was SO surprised how much BATHTIME stuff I got, (towels, washclothes, soap)  I know a lot of people play a game at their shower: Bring a box of diapers to be entered into a raffle for a prize, it makes it optional for them to bring them and a lot do and youll get necessities that way.  I didnt do it because my mom was throwing the shower and she doesnt feel its appropriate, some may agree...but i wish i did now.

It's fun to get cute things, but people will get those without going on your registry.

I was lucky enough to have family go in with other and buy my big ticket items: co-sleeper, car seats, DSNG, bouncers, BP, etc..

One word of advice, if you have the room sure register for the later stuff (highchairs, exercisers, etc) but if you dont have the room or dont have anything for the "right away" stuff dont even register for that stuff...

that is unless you have 100 people invited to your shower...

GOOD LUCK

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I just started to register, we still don't know the genders our anatomy scan isn't scheduled until 21 weeks (and I'm getting some much needed practice with being patient!).  I would recommend doing it in stages, I was so overwhelmed just 30 minutes into the experience! (I had done my research ahead of time but there is so much.)

The only other "advice" I can give is to be realistic about the space that you have, a lot of the ladies recommend two PnPs, which I also registered for but I can see that being a hassle for apartment dwellers.  We are only registering for the newborn "essentials" because our condo doesn't have a ton of storage space and  we are looking to move in about a year.

I hope that helps! Good luck and have fun! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemacchiatto:

Macchiatto's blog - registery - was very helpful for me...I used it when I registered and I also used the Baby Bargins book.

TTC #1 since Sept. 2006 -- Oct. 2009 IVF # 1 - BFP - 1st Beta 325 - 2nd Beta 753 1st U/S TWINS! 2nd U/S 2 Beautiful Heartbeats flickering on the screen!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemacchiatto:

I used Macchiatto's list as my guide and the baby bargains book for product ratings. My first experience with BRU was overwhelming, so the rootbeertwins list really helped me when I went to actually register. 

• Options
    imageNatalie_may:

The only other "advice" I can give is to be realistic about the space that you have, a lot of the ladies recommend two PnPs, which I also registered for but I can see that being a hassle for apartment dwellers.  We are only registering for the newborn "essentials" because our condo doesn't have a ton of storage space and  we are looking to move in about a year.

That's a good point. We do have two PnPs, but they are what the boys sleep in when we travel. We've never had both of them set up at home at the same time.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"