Multiples
Options

Optomistic

My doctor has been saying from the very beginning that she doesn't see why I won't make it to 38 weeks. I am 20 weeks today. However, I get all these women saying how I won't make it that far. I know there is always a possiblity of them being way earlier, but wouldn't my doctor be more accurate then those who aren't a doctor? Advice?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image imageimage image image

Re: Optomistic

• Options
    I think people just say that becuz alot of twins are delivered before 38 weeks. Even if it is just a week or 2 before that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i thought i could do it too.... almost did!!  but had them taken out 2 weeks b4.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doc told me 50% of twins deliver by 36 weeks. He has given us milestones, 34 wks they won't stop the labor but babies will have to stay in the nursery for a little while. 36 weeks they should be able to go home with me. And 38 weeks they will induce or c-section. But there are a lot of women on here that have made it to 38 or even 29 weeks, so basically ya just have to wait and see. So far the waiting is driving me crazy. Good Luck!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Had it not been for high BP/mild pre-e, I definitely would have made it to 38 weeks (probably even longer!) I delivered via c-section @ 37..
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

My doctor also told me he didn't see any reason why I wouldn't make it to 38 weeks, EVERYONE told me I'd go before 36 weeks because I'm only 5'1", here I am at 37 weeks, my c section is scheduled at my 39 week mark (November 22nd). 

I'd listen to the doc :) 

• Options
    Had I not been induced at 37w5d I'd probably still be pregnant. My boys weren't going anywhere fast.
  • Options
    Statistically speaking, about 50% go before week 37.  So he's just talking statistics.  'Full term' for twins is considered 37 weeks.
  • Options

People say a lot of negative things like that to me, like I am going to end up on bed rest, or going back to work with twins is going to be impossible, breastfeeding twins is going to be too hard... ect...

I just ignore them.  Sure you might go before that but why not think positive! 

• Options
    It is possible.  Mine were born at 38w2d via scheduled c/s.  So many factors go into whether you'll make it that far or not.  I don't know how even a doctor can predict it.  Just do what you can--rest, eat well, drink lots of water, rest, rest some more, etc.  They'll come when they decide it's time.
  • Options
    People like to hear themselves talk.  Just rest up, listen to your doctor and your body.  You babies will come when theyre ready OR when your doctor says its safer to get them out than to keep them in.  Dont let that stuff get to you, waste of time.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"