Connecticut Babies

Shower venue ideas please!

Hi CT ladies,

My baby shower hosts are trying to come up with venues at which to hold my shower (in early February) and are having some trouble.  Can anyone recommend suggestions for a location in or around Hartford (anything within 30 or so minutes) for a baby shower with about 25-30 guests?

Thanks so much in advance!

~Bella

Re: Shower venue ideas please!

• do u really want it in hartford or are u talking hartford county
  • Nope, anything within about 30 minutes of Hartford would work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Baci Grill ~ Cromwell

Wethersfield Country Club (though I think you might have to be a member or know someone who is)..  I've been to a couple baby showers here and it is a really nice location and food was excellent.

Max Amore ~ Glastonbury

Avon Old Farms Inn

Mill on the River

• Hi Bella.... Well congrats I am due in March 2011 as well. and I am going through the same thing you are right now in finding a shower place. I am looking in the hartford county as well. I have checked Mill on the River and a few others but they seem to be very fancy.. I am looking for something intimate but nothing too fancy. Just maybe appetizers. Please let me know if you find anything and I will continue to look and do the same
  • Hello! im in the same boat as you too i can tell you some places that i have looked at~

Portafinos - Berlin ( i think its only like $12 a person to)

Angelicos - New Britain

Crown plaza - Cromwell (the garden room)

Court yard Marriott - Cromwell

Baci Grill - Cromwell

Apricots - Farmington

Murphy and Scarlettis - Its near uconn hospital

Traditions - Wallingford

Thats all i think of for now but let me know if you find any other places!!! 

• another place if you want simple but nice is Marco Polo in East harftord. Im going to check it out tomorrow but I heard its not that bad and the food is decent. Its 21.00 a person and they provide the linens, chinaware ect....
  • So an update.. I checked out Marco Polo and it has a bunch of seperate rooms to fit the amount of people you are gonna invite.. it is nice, and casual. nothing too fancy but nothing too trashy either. The meals are a decent price and I have heard their food is good.....
  • I had my sister-in-law's baby shower (as well as DS's Baptism Reception) at Angellino's in Vernon. The back room is wonderful and the price isn't too bad at all!!

My baby shower was at The Lodge in Tolland (might be too out there for you), It's a great quiet place but they don't have catering.. You would have to get your own caterer or do your own food.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • A belated thanks for all the suggestions!  I'm going to look into all of these :-)

Valerie, when are you due in March?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"