Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Formula feeders

Does your baby follow the 2.5 x their weight rule in terms of how many ounces they drink per day??

Re: Formula feeders

• Options
    No - but we have major feeding issues.
  • Options
    imageLCB34:
    This. Mine if I ask what the issues are and how you're working them out?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, she's 12 lbs and eats 24 oz/day. Ends up being 6 feedings, 4 ozs each about every 2-3 hours and she STTN.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No.  If I did he would be eating over 40oz of fornula a day.  Since LO is still a big spitter, I keep his bottles to about 5oz and he eats about 32 oz per day.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imagekeystonestreet@hotmail.com:
    imageLCB34:

So far we've been diagnosed with MSPI and severe reflux.  K is on prescription formula and prevacid.

She projectile vomits anywhere from 2-7 times after each of her bottles (she eats 2 ounces every 2 hours) and we are still trying to figure out what is causing that.  We have had an upper GI, tests for pyloric stenosis, tons of lab work, and ultrasounds and still have no answers.

Most days I do good to get her to eat 15 ounces a day - but 2-3 days a week she will only eat about 10 total - and she throws most of that up.

She also has only gained 2 ounces in over 2 weeks.

• Options
    imageLCB34:

So far we've been diagnosed with MSPI and severe reflux.  K is on prescription formula and prevacid.

She projectile vomits anywhere from 2-7 times after each of her bottles (she eats 2 ounces every 2 hours) and we are still trying to figure out what is causing that.  We have had an upper GI, tests for pyloric stenosis, tons of lab work, and ultrasounds and still have no answers.

Most days I do good to get her to eat 15 ounces a day - but 2-3 days a week she will only eat about 10 total - and she throws most of that up.

Poor baby! I hope you get some answers soon.

DD eats less than her 2.5 times her weight but she's still gaining weight okay so I'm not concerned about it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageLCB34:

imageLCB34:

I'm so sorry to hear that. We are having trouble too. Nothing like what you are going through she's FTT and we might have to send her to Children's for testing. I think she's just a small kid and so do the pedi. She seems health any how. What is MSPI?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageLCB34:

imageLCB34:

That sounds terrible!  Poor baby!  Poor mommy too!

• Options
    imageLCB34:

imageLCB34:

I'm so sorry to hear that. We are having trouble too. Nothing like what you are going through she's FTT and we might have to send her to Children's for testing. I think she's just a small kid and so do the pedi. She seems health any how. What is MSPI?

Milk and Soy Protein Intolerance.

K hasn't been labeled FTT just yet but they are guessing it will come soon.  I think she is just a tiny baby but given all of the other issues they are concerned.

Good luck with your LO!

• Options
    No. I know my DD weighs more than 12 pounds now and until about a week and a half ago was lucky if she ate 18 ozs. She just started eating closer to 24 oz. I guess I should mention she also gets 1 tsp of rice per oz for AR issues and she had a lot of issues her first month of life. It used to bother me that she ate so little, but she has always gained weight and is overall healthy, so I try not to worry. Hard to do, but I try.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yes. My LO weighs roughly 22lbs and he's doing 42-44oz/day. He's 5mo 3wks old and will wait until 6mo to start solids :)
  • Options
    I should say he's closer to 2x's his weight but some days he demands more than others :)
  • Options
    My kid is all over the place...he'll have less than 20 oz. one day then more than 30 the next.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options
    She never has. But she's small for her age and had reflux & milk allergy. AKA feeding has always been a tough thing.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

Ours just recently started to drink that much, she wasn't even close before.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagedec341:
    No, she's 12 lbs and eats 24 oz/day. Ends up being 6 feedings, 4 ozs each about every 2-3 hours and she STTN.

This exactly

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Our pedi suggested age in months + 3oz so she's been getting 6oz up to this point. I'm not sure she's ready for 7. But ours is BM/F mix.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Almost.  DD was 14lbs 12oz at 4 months, so I'm guessing her to be around 16 lbs or so now (almost 5 months).  She takes 32oz a day, plus oatmeal after her 9am bottle and a veggie after her 5pm bottle.  She's been taking 32oz a day since she was about 12lbs. 12 oz.  That's where she was at about 2.5x.  With the addition of solids, I think she's doing just fine.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"