Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby Food Storage?

I'm going to start making baby food in a couple of weeks. I'd like to make it in advance and stay stocked up, but not sure how to store it in the freezer to prevent freezer burn. What works for you?

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Food Storage?

• Options
    I'm glad you asked this question.  I was wondering the same thing....especially when the baby food is mixed with breastmilk.  I'm interested to read the responses.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

this is what i do -

i make the food then pour it into ice cube trays. i freeze over night then pop the cubes out and put them in ziplock freezer bags. 

for storage in the fridge/daycare i got some 1/2 cup size glad containers - 8 for $2.50.

I havent found that any of my foods have gotten freezer burnt- they get alittle icy, which is what one book i read said they would, but that isn't actually freezer burnt.

i label everything w/ the date - they last 3 months in the freezer, 3 days in the fridge.

Visit My Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecharliebrown:

this is what i do -

i make the food then pour it into ice cube trays. i freeze over night then pop the cubes out and put them in ziplock freezer bags. 

for storage in the fridge/daycare i got some 1/2 cup size glad containers - 8 for $2.50.

I havent found that any of my foods have gotten freezer burnt- they get alittle icy, which is what one book i read said they would, but that isn't actually freezer burnt.

i label everything w/ the date - they last 3 months in the freezer, 3 days in the fridge.

What do you use to label your gladware?  Dry erase markers? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"