Maryland Babies

Well - um I am unemployed.

I'm trying to maintain the positive aspect - I loathed that job.

I don't even know what is going on with Dillon at this point. Last night he had a watery poopy diaper and a fever. This morning he woke up with no fever but, covered in snot and really cranky. He still has plenty of wet diapers so, I'm not really worried about dehydration.

I called work and explained what was going on. The secretary was really understanding but, she said that they want someone who can be there. Understandable. So, I guess I won't be returning..Dillon has to be fever free (w/o medication) for 24 hours before I can take him back to daycare. So what am I supposed to do? Kyle still is gone and as you know I have no family up here.

I called the temp agency and explained everything. The woman there offered to help me find something when Kyle gets home (and stays home).

But, money is going to be super tight for the next 2 weeks. We still have to pay for daycare of course. We have the money to pay for the next 2 weeks of daycare ($700) but, after that..who knows.

Maybe I will get a call back this week and will be able to start by the time Kyle gets home (end of the week). My resume is out there and I have 2 temp agencies trying to place me in a job.

All I can do is pray that everything works out in a timely fashion and that Dillon feels better soon.

I have no clue how single moms and wives of deployed servicemen cope with this. This has been the worst 3 weeks ever. 

Re: Well - um I am unemployed.

• I am so sorry!! But (trying to be positive here) maybe it is some sort of blessing in disguise and this will allow for something MUCH better to come along. It seemed like a miserable environment to work in!!

Sending job dust your way and I hope Dillon is feeling better!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs. remy <3:

I am so sorry!! But (trying to be positive here) maybe it is some sort of blessing in disguise and this will allow for something MUCH better to come along. It seemed like a miserable environment to work in!!

Sending job dust your way and I hope Dillon is feeling better!

Oh I completely agree - I'm seeing it as a blessing in disguise. I really want to return to work and am excited to start making my own money again but, Dillon and my happiness come first.

Thank you! 

• Loading the player...
  • Also, are you looking on CL for job postings? I used to think CL was a shady place to find a job but my company got our last hire from posting on CL, and we are totally legit :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh no!!  I hope the temp agency will be able to find something.  I agree, I have no clue how single parents make it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, that sucks...but maybe it will help you find a better job!  Can you file for unemployment too?

I hear you though - my DH can rarely take off when DS is sick and we don't have family here, so I have to be the one that stays home.  It is hard.  I dislike my current job a lot, but at least they are family oriented...even if I do have to burn though my PTO when DS is sick.  I'd love to find a new job, but I'm terrified that they wouldn't be flexible for a sick baby, etc.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • I'm so sorry the past 3 weeks have been so hard.  At least you can take some time to get into a good routine and relax a little.  Kyle is in VA right?  Is that only temporary?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCooper81:
    I'm so sorry the past 3 weeks have been so hard.  At least you can take some time to get into a good routine and relax a little.  Kyle is in VA right?  Is that only temporary?

He's in AL (he was in VA for a few days)

Thanks for the well wishes. I have an interview lined up with Aflac on Wednesday so I am hoping that goes well.

I've applied for jobs on Regional Help Wanted, CL, Monster, and Career Builder.  

• Oh no :(  T&P for you that things work out! 

Poo on that job for not understanding that you can't help having a sick son & telling you they need someone who can be there.

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Oh boo...did they just want you to bring your sick kid to work with you?  They suck and you didn't need to work there anyway.  Here's hoping you find something soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no! I hope this is a blessing in disguise. Good luck.

• Good luck, I hope everything gets better for you.

• Sorry to hear that....hope you find something you like soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"