Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

NTR: Hypothetical situation..(Fall back related)

So DH and I were talking about Fall Back, last night..and I thought of a random thing. What if...Twins were born, let's say twin A was born 11:58pm last night, then Twin B was born 12:01 the next day. But with fall back would it be 11:01, the day before right? And even though Twin B is younger, his birth time would be before twin A. Thoughts?? Or am I just odd for thinking of something like this? lol.

Re: NTR: Hypothetical situation..(Fall back related)

• Options
    I think you have to much spare time, lol.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Well, since the fall back actually occurs at 2am, I don't think this would apply. Either that or I'm too slow to understand the question. LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It would only work if they were born right at the exact time of time change.  We only do it at bedtime so we don't wake up at the wrong time.  It usually happens at like 3:00am.  I'm assuming the doctor would have the mom hold off until that minute passed.
  • Options

imagekatiekate1974:
    Well, since the fall back actually occurs at 2am, I don't think this would apply. Either that or I'm too slow to understand the question. LOL

Lol I didn't realize that. Nevermind then. Hehe. It was just a random thought before going to bed last night :-)

• Options
    imagelinz/scott:

imagekatiekate1974:

Lol I didn't realize that. Nevermind then. Hehe. It was just a random thought before going to bed last night :-)

Yeah, it happens for everyone at the same time.

• Options

imageEchowysp:
    It would only work if they were born right at the exact time of time change.  We only do it at bedtime so we don't wake up at the wrong time.  It usually happens at like 3:00am.  I'm assuming the doctor would have the mom hold off until that minute passed.

But even after "that minute" passes, twin B would still have an earlier birth time.  OP was off by a couple of hours, but the theory still applies.  Daylight Savings Time officially ends at 2am the first Sunday in November.  So, Twin A could be born at 1:58am EDT (eastern daylight time), then Twin B comes 10 minutes later at 1:08am EST (eastern standard time).  The doctor would have to have the mom "hold off" for an entire hour in order to get "proper" birth times recorded, which obviously would not be possible in many situations.  

ETA:  This happens because, essentially, the 1:00am-1:59am time block occurred twice this morning.    

Incidentally, in the spring, twins born 10 minutes apart at the time change would have recorded birth times 1 hour and 10 minutes apart.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It happened last year, it was on the news. But fall back is at 2 am. But Twin B's was born 2nd, but had an earlier birth time, but the same day.
  • Options
    imageflutenewt:

imageEchowysp:

But even after "that minute" passes, twin B would still have an earlier birth time.  OP was off by a couple of hours, but the theory still applies.  Daylight Savings Time officially ends at 2am the first Sunday in November.  So, Twin A could be born at 1:58am EDT (eastern daylight time), then Twin B comes 10 minutes later at 1:08am EST (eastern standard time).  The doctor would have to have the mom "hold off" for an entire hour in order to get "proper" birth times recorded, which obviously would not be possible in many situations.  

ETA:  This happens because, essentially, the 1:00am-1:59am time block occurred twice this morning.    

Incidentally, in the spring, twins born 10 minutes apart at the time change would have recorded birth times 1 hour and 10 minutes apart.   

No, I mean to let baby #1 come out.  The doc would probably wait until time change passes to deliver either child, barring any urgent need.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"